bbreef240

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
just thought i would let everyone know that a new fish store is opening in nj.....it is called The Fish HUT of New Jersey...and is on rt 46 in saddle brook...they said they are opening on april 20....they have everything...freshwater,salt water,coral,dry goods......cant wait.....its a double store front...big store.......

njfish77

Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
Looks very impressive. They are going to have a very nice salt section. Also the guy setting up the salt section is a long time saltwater hobbyist so this place should be promising. They also have a very large selection of tropical fish. Owner said they are opening the 20th or 21st as long as there are no setbacks, definately worth checking out. Excited to have a more than decent LFS close to my house now :approve:

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
I just Googled it and found this on a site called East Coast Cichlids:

Hello to everyone. I am Rich the owner of Fish Hut of New Jersey. We will be located at 114 US Highway 46, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663. Some may know the address as 114 Rt. 46 in Saddle Brook. Keep those fingers close as tomorrow we have a huge inspection and if we pass that one we are that much closer to an April 21st opening. I would like to give Bill a special thanks for all the help he is giving me in setting up my store. I do not have a stock list as of yet for Cichlids however I will try my best to post a stock list. At the same time I am working on a website. Things are really hectic right now as we are in the store working 7 days a week 14 hour days just to make this one of the best LFS stores. Remember ECC members will receive 15% off everything in the store at all times, this offer cannot be combined with sales or other offers. Also for the grand opening there will be huge discounts for those two days. We are hoping for the 21st. I will give everyone a heads up as we get closer. I want to thank everyone for thinking and writing about us and we will do our best to make this the number 1 store for all your fish.

Thank You and I will try and get on this every night and give an update.

Rich
Fish Hut of New Jersey

njfish77

Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
Right after you pass walmart on 46 (going west) which is on your right hand side you will see pleasure plus video and right after pleasure plus you will see metro bagel deli. Fishhut is right across from metro bagel in the same parking lot as the check cashing place and the bicycle store. Its hard to miss its a decent size store. Keep your eyes open for a big cichlid tank display in the window, see that and you know your at the right spot.

njfish77

Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
No the store will actually be having a soft opening on May 1st so anyone driving by or anyone that knows about the soft opening can come in and check the place out, even buy some livestock. The official grand opening is may 5th. Ive recently stopped in and the place looks great. They have a nice dry goods section and there has to be over 400 tanks fresh and saltwater. Im very happy with how its turning out, and its about 5 mins from my house which is another plus. They are also very reasonably priced, I compared some of their prices to the only 2 LFS in my area and they beat their prices hands down. Im going to take a ride down there again on monday so ill post some updates and maybe even some pics if the owner allows me to.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
No the store will actually be having a soft opening on May 1st so anyone driving by or anyone that knows about the soft opening can come in and check the place out, even buy some livestock. The official grand opening is may 5th. Ive recently stopped in and the place looks great. They have a nice dry goods section and there has to be over 400 tanks fresh and saltwater. Im very happy with how its turning out, and its about 5 mins from my house which is another plus. They are also very reasonably priced, I compared some of their prices to the only 2 LFS in my area and they beat their prices hands down. Im going to take a ride down there again on monday so ill post some updates and maybe even some pics if the owner allows me to.

This is good to hear, not hard to beat abso in price category. I'm sure they'll be a lot friendlier too

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're coming from N on Parkway, exit 157 will take you from 46. Once you see the Walmart signs, it's to the right side.

If you've past 5th, you've gone to far. If you are going for saltwater, save yourself the trip, I was there today and it's not even set up yet. They said one month.

However they have fish for freshwater and if you're part of ECC then you also get 15% off the dry goods, live stock is discounted for everyone. There was no prices but the discounts should bring them down to a decent deal on some of the fish I asked about.

If you can't find parking, may want to park on 4th street behind it off Jefferson.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: