motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
depends on the day you go in there... sometimes he wants a ton of money for stuff others he'll spend all day talking.. fish quality is always clean and good..dont remember prices but his coral and invert section in the back i remember thinking was high priced and mis labeled.. but its prob been a yr since ive been there... hes got a really nice display tank in the front and the systems hes built for people are real nice he has pics on his counter

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was happy to here he had some pond fish too, especially golden orfes since everywhere I went so far told me they were "impossible" to get because they've be re-classified as game fish. He might turn out to just be a good spot for my freshwater and pond

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Here are a few prices from different LFS. This is for the Helfrichi Firefish, Trop= 200-300 a piece, Ocean Gallery2 = 120 - 150 range. Aquatic obsessions 80-120 Mystery Wrasse prices Trop 300 OC2= 150-200 Aquatic Obsession 70 - 140 Trop corals insane, the frag section is always empty and just crap. Reef to Reptiles by far the best frag section in NJ. 10-30 frag tanks and plenty of them. Acan lord colonies 5 -10 heads 30 bucks cant beat it. I see that for 1-2 heads everywhere else. Absolute Fish not the store they use to be. A lot of stuff insane prices. They lost me as a customer from 2 incidents(honest LFS right??) They sold me used bulbs once, told me they were new, when I returned them they replaced them with more used bulbs. Second I paid for a fish that was already there. Told them I would be back in 2 days to pick it up. I come in the fish was gone, understandable if it had died, but NO they sold it to a buddy of theirs. Then they tried to give me store credit instead of a return. I did not want store credit YOU SOLD MY FISH and want me to settle for credit. I got my money back and store credit would have done nothing seeing how I was done with that place

tynman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Well I too am in ocean cty and Im learning the guys here on MR have most of the frags Im looking for and they are a hell of a lot cheaper then anywhere else... I have been to 85% of the stores talked about( I try to stay away from bergen cty even the cops are to pricey there LOL). But if your going to drive all the way up there then just go to PA the hidden reef has great selection of fish fresh and salt corals I wasnt inpressed with and around the conner you have the fish factory now they had better coral and the fish didnt impress me.. The fish tank in saddle brook closed down so forget about them, fishtails in brick is closing down and or selling the place (word has it on the street).. Steve at aqua oceans is great and he will work with you and help you in anyway he can but you do have to plan a 1/2 a day trip when you go there...LOL Then if your willing to drive to PA again kevin from coral cove .com is pretty cool and you might be able to set something up to go see what they have in stock and buy stuff I always leave there with bags full but they are only an inter net store and dont have a store front but Im in the same boat as you but im having good luck withh finding the stuff Im looking for right here...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually get my stuff at Petsplus in mays landing. Right now they re doing the salt and corals but they have a few things. The price are ok and they sometime work with you price wise. A few more month and they should be fully stock

They are located in festival plaza at mays landing should ask for Jackson

Sent from my iPad using Reefs

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Wayne pet place in Wayne nj depending on the day has real cheap fish and corals every now and then. I hot 15 nice frags there for 100 bucks. Everyone lived great in my bio cube. He also gets a lot of odd ball frags and fish too.

dj ze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
red sand aquarium 318 north ave ,dunellen not very big but prices are insane $10 to $30 frags plus his show tank is like any tank any of you have probably ever seen well worth the drive just tell the owner witch his name is feng that you heard about him on manhatan reefs he is not listed on the net so dont try to google him he wil also bargain and even give free corals depending on how much you spend

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: