asianer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Copy and pasted from an e-mail I received from my friend Evelyn this morning:

Hi All,

My friend has quickly mobilized to get things going to help the people of Rockaway. The event today is at Brother Jimmy's at 428 Amsterdam Ave. between 80th and 81st, right in some of your neighborhood!! It starts at 1pm -5pm. Please try to come, would love to see you. My friend is collecting what is MOST NEEDED: work gloves, batteries, flashlights, face masks, thick black contractor bags. Medicine items: baby cough medicine, band-aids, neosporin, ace bandages, advil, tylenol. Cleaning supplies: mops, brooms, shovels, bleach, clorox, buckets. Food items: water, OJ, apple juice, granola bars, powdered milk, no Peanut Butter, Jelly or Bread needed at moment. Baby Items: jars of baby food, more formula, more bottles, more wipes. All these items need to be clearly labeled or marked so that they can be passed out.

Please feel free to pass this email on to any and all friends you think could join us and would like to contribute and grab some beer while doing some good!!

Thank you!!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
The media is doing a very poor job of showing the disaster in this area. I live here and continue to live here but I have means of making things somewhat normal. Far rockaway is mostly low income housing and the people here are devastated. I am helping women and children warm up and be more comfortable each day. Please, if anyone has anything to donate, or more importantly can get to one of the drop off locations in rockaway and volunteer their time, you would be directly helping many in need. The roads are clear and tolls are free.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
What people need to know is thay started to help all the high class areas first, then when people started to b.... about it then like 10 days later thay started to help the low class people of rockaway . I saw tones of people that needed help the army and cops help the high class people move out the stuff from there house and ignore the others that lived in the projects low income housing people. And thay wounder why fights break out over there a lot ...
There helping now because people started calling the newstions to complain...

Last edited by a moderator:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thank you to ALL who are helping, trying to help, and for all the prayers!!!!

We as middle & lower income people (never low class since you can be a low class with billions of $$$$) have been sticking together helping each other out! For instance my neighbor had a pipe rupture in their basement, and had to shut off their main!
I helped by throwing my hose over the fence so they could wash dishes or what ever. We go to get drinking water & we bring back extra for the one that couldn't go. We (neighbors) have been doing this, and more to ease the situation. We also hold each other up when ever someone starts to loose hope!
So once again: WE the people of the Rockaways want to thank you as well as let you know that all help no matter how small or large is truly appreciated!:grouphug:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: