Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
After many years of postponing the inevitable the time came when I could no longer put it off. This past spring/summer I no longer had the ability to use my right leg.
Thursday, December 11, 2014, 8:30 AM my knee was cut open, and a new knee was installed. Total Knee Replacement was performed by the best Orthopedic Surgeon (Dr. Sabrina Strickland) at Hospital for Special Surgery..

Now on to working this new knee! :smile:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 177
  • My TKR wound 2.jpg
    My TKR wound 2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 176

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Awilda... Someone I use to work with had this done within the last year, it's very painful, especially the first month or so after the operation, but in the end the knee is almost as good as normal, and more important, the pain goes away! Just make sure you take a lot of pain killers for the next month or so.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thank you all for all the well wishes!:grouphug: Truly appreciated.;)

No fears on the meds. Been in pain for many years, gone through many opiods with little to no help. A script for 15 days would last me approximately 6 months. I hate pills, and have a high tolarence to pain.;) And never got high off of any. If anything they made me sick to my stomach.
Icing, changing position frequently, and doing the ligth flexing exercises along with half dose of pain med is making it not so bad.;) Worse part is the having to depend on hubby for everything, staying put, and the drousiness.
Really looking forward to walking without walkers, and even more so to be able to take my dogs for walks..

Watch what you eat as the types of food could make you fidgety. Best of luck on the healing and enjoy.

Shastri Sookraj, please elaborate. Types of food???

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: