piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'll be there in July staying at Beaches the Italian village. Third straight year and will be my 5th time and this is the most relaxing vacation you can go with kids. Still get some good snorkeling too. Just a about 10 min walk to coral gardens. Always enjoy they breeze at night.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I went to Beaches last year, stayed in Butler Suite in Italian Village. It was really nice, but don't get the hype. Way overpriced IMO. Not my first rodeo with travel either.

I did snorkel there and got some nice videos.

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I went to Beaches last year, stayed in Butler Suite in Italian Village. It was really nice, but don't get the hype. Way overpriced IMO. Not my first rodeo with travel either.

I did snorkel there and got some nice videos.
agree, prices are 2x to 3x more but that's expected since tourism is their only revenue. high price doesn't always reflect good food though. ask the locals for good places for food.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Just got back this past Saturday. For those who roam for food like us, particularly cheap eats. This is my list of must tries, however most require some form of transportation preferably a rental car:

Sweet T's - $1 for 3 pieces of fried chicken, $1 for fries. $10 would feed a family of 4-5 people.
Chinson's Grill Shack - Great J erk Chicken/Pork, BBQ Ribs. Right off Leeward. Hutchinson, incredibly friendly owner, will chat up a storm if you allow him to.
3 Queens - Roadside, rustic, homemade local eats. No menu, daily 4 choices, can't go wrong with any of them. Literally off the beaten path in the Blue Hills, across the road from the beach. Sit and chat with the locals when waiting for food. Enjoy a rum and coke with a GENEROUS pour.
Turks Kebab - Roadside spot. Get the gyro!
Mr. Grouper's Restaurant - Don't miss the Mac 'n Cheese. All around great menu.
Caicos Bakery - Great breakfast spot. Ham and cheese croissant is a must!
Melt - Not cheap. Interesting shop with a little of everything. Good spot to chill in with AC and enjoy some iced coffee. Free wifi as well.
Island Fish Fry - Every Thursday evening a bunch local vendors setup shop in the Children's/Bight Park and sell their goods. Food, drinks and souvenirs. Live DJ and band.. don't miss! Parking is a PITA, you'll have to find parking off the side of Lower Bight Road.

Random thought - If flying out of JFK, try for an earlier flight. If you're catching the 11-ish AM flight and get into Provo at 3:30, be prepared to stand in customs for 45 mins to an hour. There's 3 flights arriving around the same time, and since it's island time, the line moves at SPS growth speeds.

Can't wait to go back for our 4th time, hopefully in a few months. :cool:

zb4GEiNl.jpg

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taylor Bay is nice but too bad the snorkeling isn't good. Forgot where we stayed but we had a kitchen and hit up a local supermarket to prepare breakfast and lunches.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: