Chapz

Chap Attack Begin!!!!!
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Time for me to re line my fishing rod.
Just checking waht people usually use.
Mono, Threaded, etc.

Gonna go for a 20 pound test line on one of my heavy duty surf cast rods.

Mr. Softy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Time for me to re line my fishing rod.
Just checking waht people usually use.
Mono, Threaded, etc.

Gonna go for a 20 pound test line on one of my heavy duty surf cast rods.
30-50lb test Power Pro braided line for surf casting with a 8'-11' rod and a spinning reel. If you are throwing lures use the 30lb, if you are throwing bait and weight use the 50lb. Heavy lures you could try the 40lb.

mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I'd say that would be too heavy. At most I would use 40 lb backing and 20 is all you need to have fun. I like the much lighter feel of the 20 on surf most times - you feel more and it's more challenging. If you are hunting whoppers exclusively maybe I would want to go with something more like what you said.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My favorite is Yo-Zuri....its a hybrid copolymer mono line...not as expensive as the fancy copolymers, but a bit more than regular mono. Its pretty strong and abrasion resistant, and has relatively little stretch. I use 10 lb test, and 15 lb test on my surf outfits (I don't usually fish in the ocean...either Peconic Bay or LI Sound). For regular mono, I've always liked Triline Big game. I hate Ande...but once you go above 20 lb test brand seems to become less important.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
For mono my favorite line is moimoi diamond. Hi breaking strength and thin diameter.
For braided line I like powerpro and fireline.
As far as which line is better (mono vs braid) Each has it's own application.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, my Yo-Zuri hybrid line got a really good test today....I got up at dawn to try a few casts, then get back to bed...I needed to change the last few feet because there were some nicks and hadn't gotten around to it yet. It was buggy, and I decided to go back to bed, but just wanted a look at the creek end..saw some bunker splashing and hoped to snag one. First cast I had my bunker.........not! My line started zipping out in a longer run than I've ever had...to make a long story short, it was a 36" long 17lb striper...on my 10lb test outfit, on a 1 0z krocodile spoon....I'll post pics later after I take them.....

Chapz

Chap Attack Begin!!!!!
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Well, my Yo-Zuri hybrid line got a really good test today....I got up at dawn to try a few casts, then get back to bed...I needed to change the last few feet because there were some nicks and hadn't gotten around to it yet. It was buggy, and I decided to go back to bed, but just wanted a look at the creek end..saw some bunker splashing and hoped to snag one. First cast I had my bunker.........not! My line started zipping out in a longer run than I've ever had...to make a long story short, it was a 36" long 17lb striper...on my 10lb test outfit, on a 1 0z krocodile spoon....I'll post pics later after I take them.....

Nice catch.
Where did u go?

Well i actually bought the power pro braided line and when i casted with a 2oz sinker, it flew really really really far compared the the mono line i had previously.
Basically gonna try every type of line that was posted here for each rod.
Gives it a different feel.

inkblue

Rice Planter
Rating - 98.6%
145   2   0
Sign up here for a complimentary subscription to Field & Stream http://bit.ly/piv2w

fieldstream.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: