Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I stop at advanced marine 1-2 times a week great store friendly good prices they always have a lg selection and a stunning display tank !
I Stopped in this afternoon and they had a bunch of high end lps and really nice selection of fish also if ur like me and can’t spend a ton $ they have tons of frags avail definitely worth a little road trip this weekend if ur coral hunting I’m lucky they on my way home from work

Was gonna post picture of misbar regal angel I got from them but can’t seem to do it for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddie7145

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree 100% nice fish and great coral selection, they even carry high sps corals at prices that wont bleed you. Friendly staff very helpful. This store should be on everyone's list. I drive up from queens at least 2 a month and always walk out with something really nice.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I tried so far
Mysis he’s eaten a few not enough to keep it from going down hill

Blood worms
Live brine
Fresh squid/scallops
Fresh oyster
Pellets

Not eating yet picked at oyster barley and eat a few mysis

I guess I’ll pick up a few clams

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Make sure you fill out DIR or your getting a CD. Do you still have Mask? If so how is Mask behavior towards bellus. My female mask chases my female bellus, next month be adding another female mask. My gold is to get one to transitions. Mike, do you have a pair of each angelfish?

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Hey Pat ...they were all fine together for many months, but I lost the masks. The female Bellus has gotten really aggressive as it matured and even though the Bellus was smaller it bullied them into the rocks and couldn’t catch them or the Bellus to save them. Hopefully the new male Bellus, which is larger, can settle in ....
BTW... back on topic, if your ever on the Island AMA is a must stop.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Nice Mike!
I picked up a male and a small female from Nick last month and they are doing great. Already had a larger female (also from Nick a few months ago in the display but no real fighting. The male chases the larger female at times but not enough to even be concerned. I did QT the new guys with 2 rounds of General Cure and then 14 days of Chloroquine Phosphate. They did 28 days in the slammer which also got them conditioned to pellets and mysis so they didn't lose a beat when they hit the display.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Nice Mike!
I picked up a male and a small female from Nick last month and they are doing great. Already had a larger female (also from Nick a few months ago in the display but no real fighting. The male chases the larger female at times but not enough to even be concerned. I did QT the new guys with 2 rounds of General Cure and then 14 days of Chloroquine Phosphate. They did 28 days in the slammer which also got them conditioned to pellets and mysis so they didn't lose a beat when they hit the display.
Warren, do you still have female Mask. I remember you pick one up a year ago. If so how are they doing. My female mask is dominated over female bellus. I got another Female mask in Qt which is bigger. Can’t wait till introduce her.

Eddie7145

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried so far
Mysis he’s eaten a few not enough to keep it from going down hill

Blood worms
Live brine
Fresh squid/scallops
Fresh oyster
Pellets

Not eating yet picked at oyster barley and eat a few mysis

I guess I’ll pick up a few clams

Try live black worms, from what I can tell they cant resist them. I got a copper band butterfly, wouldnt eat then I got the black worms, ate right away. Now its eats frozen blood worms though I still feed the live black to keep it fat.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Pat,
Lost my female Mask a few months ago. I had tried placing a few female Wantanabeis with the Mask and a larger female Bellus for a total of 5 females and that didn't end up well. They constantly chased and it was quite a disruption.
This time around with just one species, I find it more peaceful for the tank and myself Lol!
FWIW, all the genicanthus angels that I had gotten from The Reef Shoppe, Salgado and M. Stern have not fared well with Stern's being the least desirable.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I find that very interesting. My mask is over 1 yr old and she was about 1 1/2 " now She 2 1/2 with a 2" bellus. Only a little chasing now. I was told not to medicate unless they have something. Best to Qt and feed them frozen food. Mask are hardy once adapted to tank. Also cooler water they like. Only problem with Mask I seen is the bladder gets air causing fish to go to top and release bubbles. They swim a little erratic is a sign. When I add the bigger mask in a few weeks . I'll observed see if they leave bellus alone. I don't want chasing except if one turns to male which is normal. Of all the angels my favor is blueline. Once in awhile blue and mask play who's boss. Both respect each other. They both where same size and even t'I'll today.

Last edited:

jd371

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My goto shop. My work is just 5 minutes away so I go there quite often.

Try live black worms, from what I can tell they cant resist them. I got a copper band butterfly, wouldnt eat then I got the black worms, ate right away. Now its eats frozen blood worms though I still feed the live black to keep it fat.
I agree, my CBB would have starved to death in the QT if it wasn't for the worms. Now it eats almost everything I feed the fish.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: