Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I'm looking to upgrade my calcium reactor ..the one I have now is very undersized and I have to refill it ever other month .my system is 575gallons ,heavy stocked with lps and acros .I was thinking aqurium engineering or geo maybe ? Any other options people like for larger calcium reactors ?

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Charlie I have a used aquarium engineering cal reactor .
Asking $500.00
Send pm and I can send picture to you if interested
Located in Bayonne , N.J. 07002
This was the large 8 inch recirculating unit before the new unit he came out with .

editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Charlie...I have a Knop HD Calc reactor rated for 150 to 350 gallons. My total system volume is around 330 gal, (main DT is 215 gals). I added a 2nd chamber, Nextreef MR1. I'm not sure if that would resolve your issue.

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I'm running this on my new system, screw top. feel free to stop by and check it out, happy with it and DC pump. I'm about 400 gallons in the system heavy usage and not having any issues with consumption.

What are you using as a feed pump that you cant fill a 2nd chamber?

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
I'm running this on my new system, screw top. feel free to stop by and check it out, happy with it and DC pump. I'm about 400 gallons in the system heavy usage and not having any issues with consumption.

What are you using as a feed pump that you cant fill a 2nd chamber?
I just bought the older version for 200 bucks off a local reefer and I really like it. Only difference between the 2 is the new DC pump.

editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Read the specs on that reactor.... it may not be enough for your system.
Recommended Tank Size:

High Ca/Alk Demand - up to 300 Gallons

Medium Ca/Alk Demand - up to 400 Gallons

Low Ca/Alk Demand - up to 500 Gallons

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Read the specs on that reactor.... it may not be enough for your system.
Recommended Tank Size:

High Ca/Alk Demand - up to 300 Gallons

Medium Ca/Alk Demand - up to 400 Gallons

Low Ca/Alk Demand - up to 500 Gallons
Def wont be enough Frank I was looking at the 5000 model i think this will do it
Screenshot_20191118-121424_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: vio

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: