yousolo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Really is laughable! It’s just sad for the hobby. @Arnaldo24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the free bump again.

Don't understand why its sad for the hobby, we are lucky in a free market. No one really force you to buy from me. If I am the only one having these corals and I monopolized the market. Then that will be sad.

If you feel this is too expansive, by all means post a FS post, you or your friend could sell the same coral at a discount to make our hobby HAPPY.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I don't agree with the price he is asking for his torches but honestly it is his thread.

I see other people on this forum selling a mushroom for $250, a little frag of sps for $150, a rbta for $1500, etc.....

I don't see any of you all bashing those sellers?

I remember when I posted my red goniopora for $1K as a joke and then certain members could not help themselves but to bash me for charging so much.

What is sad is the current state of this hobby......... SMH

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I don't agree with the price he is asking for his torches but honestly it is his thread.

I see other people on this forum selling a mushroom for $250, a little frag of sps for $150, a rbta for $1500, etc.....

I don't see any of you all bashing those sellers?

I remember when I posted my red goniopora for $1K as a joke and then certain members could not help themselves but to bash me for charging so much.

What is sad is the current state of this hobby......... SMH
I respectfully disagree. I have seen a few posts concerning out of control prices. Certainly the sellers prerogative to post a price and its our right to call out said obnoxious price. Some poor sucker may just buy this but its good to make the inexperienced aware that any reputable seller will have a neon green torch for 80-120 a head. Not 250-300, esp with Indo back open.

yousolo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
I respectfully disagree. I have seen a few posts concerning out of control prices. Certainly the sellers prerogative to post a price and its our right to call out said obnoxious price. Some poor sucker may just buy this but its good to make the inexperienced aware that any reputable seller will have a neon green torch for 80-120 a head. Not 250-300, esp with Indo back open.
Lol all I have to say is show me some reputable seller that sells at that price.
Hell, I might buy some if u can find that good of a deal.

Got to thank you again for free bump.

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Advanced Marine Aquatics
Lol all I have to say is show me some reputable seller that sells at that price.
Hell, I might buy some if u can find that good of a deal.

Got to thank you again for free bump.

. Bought mine literally 2 months ago. And was just there last weekend and he had an indo gold torch for 199 a head. So yea

Btw all bumps are free ??

yousolo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Advanced Marine Aquatics

. Bought mine literally 2 months ago. And was just there last weekend and he had an indo gold torch for 199 a head. So yea

Btw all bumps are free ??
Well, accounting to forum rule i can only bump once a day, that's why got to thank you for the bump. Even though it doesn't cost u anything, you still take in the time and effect to help my post.

As for price, I brought HW colony for $200 2 month ago. I think according to you i have to right to trash anyone who sells a frag for $150? Also you got to compare apple to apple. I am not selling indo gold. If you say people sell that cheap, got to prove it. Hell, sell yours at a lower price to make everyone HAPPY.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
Thanks for the free bump, i will buy your hammer if you got more, only if its orange.
Sure I'll sell you a head of my orange"$600 firm"
I been into Euphyllia's for well over a decade in this hobby and dealt with some top coral enthusiast that sort after high end Euphyllia's to obtain some of the brightest most colorful one's out there (and alot of members on here can vouch for the hammers I sold them)but I NEVER tried to rob someone with an outlandish price like the ones your asking for.you

Last edited:

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Just my .02c but too many people in here selling to make profit without becoming a vendor and actually paying any fees.

The hobby has become ridiculous with prices. I just keep scrolling until I find something I like that’s reasonably priced. In the end I rather support a LFS than someone selling to make profit. At least they have the overhead that justifies the prices.

Plus If you say anything the OP will just say if you can’t afford it move on so rather than deal with that type of response, I move on and wish good luck to whomever makes the purchase.

I was just at someone’s house yesterday to buy a few frags and left with more freebies than what I bought. That’s what the hobby should be about. Helping others.

heuerfan

Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I NEVER tried to rob someone with an outlandish price like the ones your asking for.you

Why is his price outlandish and other sellers aren't? Is there a set pricing guide out there somewhere?

Like I mentioned above, so its okay to charge $150 for a small tiny frag of WD sps. Okay to charge $250 for a quarter size bounce mushroom? Okay for someone to charge $1500 for a 3" colorado sunburst anemone?

But its not okay for this guy to charge $225 a head for his green torch? Why, because it can be bought cheaper somewhere else right?

So can the above corals and anemone I mentioned......

Bottom line is if you don't like the price you don't have to buy it.

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Why is his price outlandish and other sellers aren't? Is there a set pricing guide out there somewhere?

Like I mentioned above, so its okay to charge $150 for a small tiny frag of WD sps. Okay to charge $250 for a quarter size bounce mushroom? Okay for someone to charge $1500 for a 3" colorado sunburst anemone?

But its not okay for this guy to charge $225 a head for his green torch? Why, because it can be bought cheaper somewhere else right?

I think it’s like a cop...not everyone can get pulled over for speeding. Unfortunately this guy got pulled over lol.

I agree with you on the SPS etc. prices have just gone up all around.

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0

He is selling an average torch you see on the market. It's not a hard to find coral.

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
I can’t see the original post but if it’s a bright green torch and he wants $300 a head anyone reading this post that wants one should reach out to mike. Reefinny. I was at his place today and he has the brightest green torches I’ve ever seen and has a 3 head Piece. I think he wanted $150. Very fair price.

Jamesmost

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I can’t see the original post but if it’s a bright green torch and he wants $300 a head anyone reading this post that wants one should reach out to mike. Reefinny. I was at his place today and he has the brightest green torches I’ve ever seen and has a 3 head Piece. I think he wanted $150. Very fair price.
True, saw them too

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: