albano
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Unfortunately, I think this is the fate of nearly every one of them in captivity. I had the same lack of success despite success with other corals and no obvious problems (slow recession) several years ago with the one and only one I've ever personally owned (before the gorgeous but ridiculously expensive "rare" ones were everywhere). Every other advanced hobbyist I've talked to about this that has tried them says the same. Of the untold thousands that are coming into the country, I have seen not more than a tiny handful that were alive after a year or more in captivity.

These guys are, IMHO, the next Goniopora (especially G. stokesii): beautiful corals that most people buy at some point, that survive for awhile, but that ultimately decline due to starvation in almost every case.
    Hey, Alfie...it was a pleasure meeting you and seeing your reef stuff this morning. And, thanks again for the Aragamilk. I'm going to give it a try.

Take a look a this thread, there are some nice pics of encrusting Montis in there...Alan
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…