Rollaz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know u guys are looking for places in queens to buy fishes etc but if u guys are around Yonkers the place to go to is Maximuim reefs they are the cheapest place to buy anything and the staff are great

BriankimNYC

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I am surprised people still shop at Fishtown.
New York Reef Aquatics...the hidden jewel of Queens, NY
Look for Alan and said Brian sent you, he promised to give 5% on your first purchase

Attachments

• 20151126_144707.jpg
    20151126_144707.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 20151126_144735.jpg
    20151126_144735.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I helped start the salt water tanks in Fish Town in the very early 70s. I have no affiliation with the store and am not crazy about it. I don't need advice and can take their attitude but some people can't. There are far better stores but I go there for a special reason. One of them is blackworms and the other is that they import their own fish so they occasionally get something very weird that I have never seen before. Usually they don't even know what it is so I search their tanks for something hiding in the dark that is unusual. I also get fish very cheap sometimes because many of their fish have ich or flukes. I can cure that in a day or two and can sometimes get something very cheap. I recently got a copperband there for 5 bucks. I cured it in a couple of days and gave it away.

neker

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
New York reef Aquarium is the place in queens, they have good prices and Alan is a great guy to deal with, he has knowledge of the hobby and always willing and ready to respond any questions you may ask.

clasystems

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I would go to Fishtown weekly for years to check out their fish. Stopped going as the employees there always seem like theyre doing you a favor by selling you something. Just became aggravating. There are so many more shops that are engaging with their customers that id rather give my money to.

IBernE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
For coral definitely new York reef aquatic in flushing, Calvin will definitely take good care of you. Kissena aquariums are good also. There is the hidden KHC aquariums with good prices and decent selection of fish. And sometimes some rare finds. The store is a bit dirty and needs work and their coral selection is ok but needs care. Jerry the owner is pretty cool and if youre a repeat customer will work with you as far as deals go.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: