Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am at the beggining stage, have the tank cycling for a week now.... I have one small Zoa Frag thanks to my Boy Calvin at New York Reef Aquatica in Queens. Please feel free to drop some knowlege. I am using a nuvo drop down 20 gallon tank. I want it all corals LPS SPS and just 2 clown fish and anenome, don't know what type yet but I want something eye catching...
I have a temporary light looking to upgrade soon..added bacteria to help the cycling process faster as well as live water purchased from Reef store and curated rocks.

Attachments

• D4C332AE-2500-403A-9EEF-D94872BCD9CA.jpg
    D4C332AE-2500-403A-9EEF-D94872BCD9CA.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 7803369D-6738-4B98-9448-0BEA72FE93D1.jpg
    7803369D-6738-4B98-9448-0BEA72FE93D1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 7C6A1537-F392-4EC5-8E50-6ADFDC45961C.jpg
    7C6A1537-F392-4EC5-8E50-6ADFDC45961C.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 185
  • B0AD8CFC-757D-48E5-842E-0216B1228EFD.jpg
    B0AD8CFC-757D-48E5-842E-0216B1228EFD.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 183
  • 1B0CBB97-CFEC-4A52-9C34-A467CAF47FA0.jpg
    1B0CBB97-CFEC-4A52-9C34-A467CAF47FA0.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 3F873E60-F288-49F6-ABF5-4FC384FBC828.jpg
    3F873E60-F288-49F6-ABF5-4FC384FBC828.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 183

nano1908

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank EdwinChavez91! I see you put live rock, did you put live sand also? I would definitely get a better light. How are you feeding the bacteria? My first addition was pods which I fed phytoplankton. How long did it take you to cycle the tank? Good luck & happy reefing!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Whatsup man looking good. I have the same tank all sps. Just be careful about your phosphates always use RO water. Get a cleanup crew. I have 2 emerald crabs, 2 hermits, and 2 snails.
As far as corals is concerned make sure you get an alkalinity test kit, a calcium test kit, a refractometer for salinity , and be prepared to dose in such a small tank. I have all sps and euphelia and i have to dose.

i run 1.026 salinity, 1380 magnesium, 420 calcium, and 9 alk.

alk is very important just make sure its stable and if you do sps def make sure calcium is above 400.

flow is important too and just keep up with your water changes.

if you want grab an overhang filter and turn it into a refugium !

happy reefing !

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatsup man looking good. I have the same tank all sps. Just be careful about your phosphates always use RO water. Get a cleanup crew. I have 2 emerald crabs, 2 hermits, and 2 snails.
As far as corals is concerned make sure you get an alkalinity test kit, a calcium test kit, a refractometer for salinity , and be prepared to dose in such a small tank. I have all sps and euphelia and i have to dose.

i run 1.026 salinity, 1380 magnesium, 420 calcium, and 9 alk.

alk is very important just make sure its stable and if you do sps def make sure calcium is above 400.

flow is important too and just keep up with your water changes.

if you want grab an overhang filter and turn it into a refugium !

happy reefing !

Wow thanks man!!!! sounds great I would like to see your tank.. ill private message you

editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I have to mention that the electrical outlet pictured seems like it is directly behind the tank. In my opinion this is NOT a good thing. Water and electricity do not mix well. Water getting into the box could start a fire so before an issue occurs I would address this.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to mention that the electrical outlet pictured seems like it is directly behind the tank. In my opinion this is NOT a good thing. Water and electricity do not mix well. Water getting into the box could start a fire so before an issue occurs I would address this.
You're absolutely right but I had to make two decision either if something bad goes wrong have the water dripping down to the floor and possibly be an electrical fire ? To the bottom outlet or have have it moved up where there's a less of a chance of that happening... I put a lot of thought to it trust me lol I had the same question asking my self This...But thank you for the concern..I appreciate it..

jjfriscia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I see you have a drop off tank if i could recommend something it Aquamax reef welder you can pick it up on marine depot or etc.. You can make some pretty cool rock scape's. Measure and cut some card board of your tank and layout your rock on top of it. You can weld pieces together withe the reef welder. This make your structure fit nicely in the tank and i think you get some more utilization out of how your tank is shaped. GL Happy Reefing

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Few things

In regards to the outlet. If u can’t move it at least put in a GFI.

u said your tank is running for a week and u already have corals in it??? SKOW DOWN. Tank should fully cycle before u startputting any corals in it otherwise you’re just throwing money away.

Start with just adding doctor tims and special blend. Throw in a piece of fish or other marine life (dead) to give the bacteria something to feed on.

Get urself a good test kit. No3,PO4, ca,alk,mg learn to use them accurately and test often. Alk swings torture your corals. You need to have a good nutrient export system to keep your nitrates and phosphates under control.

a good light is crucial. T5 is a more affordable option in regards to initial expense but bulbs over time are costly. A good led costs more out of the gate but the savings over time (bulbs, electricity, heat) negate the initial expenses.

Best of luck. It’s a great hobby. You will have ups and downs. Stick with it.

beang

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Never over exaturate your nurient export, such adding biopellets, algae scrubber, nopox and etc. unless your nutrients are really high.
You can battle any algae very easily and succeed but the battle against dinoflagellates is one of the worst things to deal with in reefing.
Never let your phosphates or nitrates hit 0.
Nutrients feed your corals and color them up.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: