jresha

Becky and Joe's Tank
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate all of your help and advice. I am a beginner in this hobby and have found that pretty much everyone that has some level of experience tries to go above and beyond to help a fellow reefer, no matter the experience level. Thanks again for all of your comments and related articles. I will be asking more questions as I get further along in my set up!!

SIReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Generally Unnecessary or Undesirable Supplements in Most Reef Aquaria
  • Iodine
  • Strontium
  • Borate
  • Trace element mixtures
Hi Deanos,
Do you supplement Iodine? I have a few shrimp & I thought this was necessary for their molting?

SIReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
H of L/Deanos - Thanks I'll save myself some money. I remember reading this article before & made a mental note to discontinue dosing supplements but I felt safer using them. I'll finish what I have & then follow your advice. I do regular water changes so I should be good. I used to do smaller changes every week but I'm starting to do larger biweekly w/c's. I'm hoping this will be more efficient.

Last edited:

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Thanks for the links. Anything on plumbing i.e. as in how to decide what type of plumbing, valves, placement of valves, etc ?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: