Status
Not open for further replies.

mandarin420

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to destroy ich there are three things you should do. First add an air pump for extra O, second raise the temp slowly to anywhere from 82 to 85( fish only tanks ofcourse), third is to do smalll water changes until the gravity is brought down to about 10-16. Feed well as long as they eat and perform small water changes. results may vary depending on the type of fish ofcourse. works well for me and most fish i know.

mandarin420

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if done slowly over a period of time it wouldnt bother the fish at all. the reason you want the salinity that low is that saltwater parasites love, you guessed it, salty water. there should be no real debate. sure there are treatments but the natural cures work best.i mean lets be serious, parasites, bacterias are always present in the aquarium. It only shows it self when the fish get stressed and their chainlink armor breaks down leaving gaps for those tricky parasites to appear. happy fish are healthy fish. as far as a tang showing signs of ich, no surprise there, is a common occurance amongst tangs. call them canaries of the ocean. but than again maybe im just too old school.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Chief, why not make this or another "ICH" thread a sticky on the front page since alot of people dealing with it are always asking how to deal with ich? Just a thought.....;)

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
if done slowly over a period of time it wouldnt bother the fish at all. the reason you want the salinity that low is that saltwater parasites love, you guessed it, salty water. there should be no real debate. sure there are treatments but the natural cures work best.i mean lets be serious, parasites, bacterias are always present in the aquarium. It only shows it self when the fish get stressed and their chainlink armor breaks down leaving gaps for those tricky parasites to appear. happy fish are healthy fish. as far as a tang showing signs of ich, no surprise there, is a common occurance amongst tangs. call them canaries of the ocean. but than again maybe im just too old school.

I agree. Too "old school". There is alot of old school misinformation in this post.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Chief, why not make this or another "ICH" thread a sticky on the front page since alot of people dealing with it are always asking how to deal with ich? Just a thought.....;)

This thread IS a sticky on the 'Reefs for Beginners' Forum.

What is negative about this thread is the bad info that was posted after it became a sticky.

I am going to close this thread now and will deleted all of the posts past the first one and return it to it's usual place atop the Reef For Beginners forum later today.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: