choco24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Hello all. Just wanted to vent out a bit. For some time now I've been looking to upgrade a few things in my system, cyber Monday came around and I took advantage of some sales. So after debating of who to go to, I decided MARINE DEPOT because of their sales. In my wish list I had a 57w Aqua uv sterilizer that cost me $400.34. Today I decided to instal the UV. The uv started leaking from where the wiper blade is at. So I said to myself, let me contact Aqua uv since is their product. I contact Aqua uv and spoke to a wonderful person named Alice. She told me that the proper way to install this unit was placing the Uv vertically with the wiper blade up, I had it horizontally. I said ok, let me contact marine depot. I explained to marine depot that I just opened this unit and installed it and that I wanted another unit since this one is not working. Someone named Joanne took my call. She first said to me that because the unit have already seen water MARINEDEPOT would have to charge me a restocking fee(because the item was used).... I asked Joanne how Am I supposed to know this product works without running water thru it? she didn't have an answer. Then Marine Depot wanted me to pay for a part that can potentially fix my unit, but Alice told me that more than likely I will continue to have the same issue with this unit overtime. After some back and forward with marine depot they decided to give me the plug out of curtesy. This plug will make my Uv a regular Uv without the wiper blade. So I asked marine depot to give me a credit for the difference of a regular Uv. They said no because I paid for the uv 400.34 for Cyber Monday. I don't think I was treated right in this situation. I honestly feel like I took a damage product that cost me 400.34 of marine depot hands. an even tho I got me a uv with a wiper blade and paid for one, I will now have to take replacement part to get it to work as a regular Uv not a wiper Uv. I thought that the right thing for marine depot to do was to take my return specially after me spending $2817.40 on that order and exchange it for a working unit.... and if the case was that I was getting a downgrade because this unit positioned vertically won't work me, I should of at least gotten back some type of credit back. Sorry for wasting anyones time:(

oldfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90.9%
20   2   0
Marine depot suck.
I order my purple reef rock and welder glue but only arrived reef rock, missing the welder glue.
I been waiting for 7 day for this rock to arrive but welder glue was missing.
I call marine depot they said I've to wait 7 day for them to investigation this case.
Or I can buy another one now.
Meant my rock have to sitting there for another 7 day for marine depot to investigation.
That ridiculous.
I'll never order from them again.

I suggest call you your credit card company to DESPUTE THE CHARGE AND POST RIPOFF ON GOOGLE OPEN CASE.

choco24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
You actually don't want one with a wiper for reef tanks is just more to go wrong. Might want to check all the seals as there are extras with the wiper. Here is a thread I dug up which might help a little:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=901645
I did... they took some time to get back to me. I figured they planned before letting me speak to the second person.... but is ok, you learn from exp. I?ve only been in this hobby for only 4 years now.... guess when is the next time I?m buying from marinedepot ? NEVER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE :mad:

choco24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Marine depot suck.
I order my purple reef rock and welder glue but only arrived reef rock, missing the welder glue.
I been waiting for 7 day for this rock to arrive but welder glue was missing.
I call marine depot they said I've to wait 7 day for them to investigation this case.
Or I can buy another one now.
Meant my rock have to sitting there for another 7 day for marine depot to investigation.
That ridiculous.
I'll never order from them again.

I suggest call you your credit card company to DESPUTE THE CHARGE AND POST RIPOFF ON GOOGLE OPEN CASE.
I hate them so much right... you know how when we refers but something for ourselves...... is seriously is like Christmas Day for kid, and they want to pull **** like this. Not fair for the consumer. I recommend marinedepot to no one.

choco24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
You actually don't want one with a wiper for reef tanks is just more to go wrong. Might want to check all the seals as there are extras with the wiper. Here is a thread I dug up which might help a little:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=901645
I tried asking for an exchange for a regular one... their reply was, sure, we will charge you a restocking fee of ONLY 25% and you can buy the regular one.... I hate them so much... and I even when out my way and contact Aqua before I even call them.

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Marine Depot - Not Customer Friendly

My personal gripe, on Black Friday Marine Depot had a ?Marine Depot Exclusive Reefkeeper Lite? deal which regularly sells for $199 at a Black Friday price of $159. I placed one on my cart and continued shopping for other stuff to take advantage of the free shipping, when I went to pay I was advised the Reefkeeper was sold out and asked for my email. They would notify me when they had it back in stock. A week later when it was back in stock, I attempted to place the order again for it but was advised it would be $199 not the $159. I emailed customer service and was advised it was a MAP issue which the manufacture controls the price and it was only a Black Friday deal. I figured they would adjust the price since I had it in my cart already while I bought other stuff on Black Friday but that was not the case, this was not very nice of them.

savagerican

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This is why I love my American express and never leave home without it. If you used a credit card to make your purchase, If and ask if your card has purchase protection if you do let them know you bought an item that doesn't work and the store doesn't want to give you a refund. Most credit card purchase protection departments will issue your a credit for the purchase price. Then ask what do I do with the item now? They will most likely tell you to keep it. Happy ending :). If u don't have purchase protection on your card then just tell them you want to dispute the charge because the item doesn't work and you already tried to exchange it with o luck. - GoodLuck

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

choco24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
My personal gripe, on Black Friday Marine Depot had a ?Marine Depot Exclusive Reefkeeper Lite? deal which regularly sells for $199 at a Black Friday price of $159. I placed one on my cart and continued shopping for other stuff to take advantage of the free shipping, when I went to pay I was advised the Reefkeeper was sold out and asked for my email. They would notify me when they had it back in stock. A week later when it was back in stock, I attempted to place the order again for it but was advised it would be $199 not the $159. I emailed customer service and was advised it was a MAP issue which the manufacture controls the price and it was only a Black Friday deal. I figured they would adjust the price since I had it in my cart already while I bought other stuff on Black Friday but that was not the case, this was not very nice of them.
This was so wrong. Can?t believe they still have Customers.

choco24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
This is why I love my American express and never leave home without it. If you used a credit card to make your purchase, If and ask if your card has purchase protection if you do let them know you bought an item that doesn't work and the store doesn't want to give you a refund. Most credit card purchase protection departments will issue your a credit for the purchase price. Then ask what do I do with the item now? They will most likely tell you to keep it. Happy ending :). If u don't have purchase protection on your card then just tell them you want to dispute the charge because the item doesn't work and you already tried to exchange it with o luck. - GoodLuck

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thank you for this idea. This sounds like a plan going forward.

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
in my eyes they should at least refund you some money.. but also should have done research before buying one with the blade for a reef tank. I don't know I have never had one bad experience with marine depot and everything gets shipped out on time and arrives when told. not going to knock a place I haven't had any issues with but I am quite surprised. lesson learned.

choco24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Marine Depot is great! Doesn't mean you can't have a bad experience though. I definitely will keep shopping with them.
I?m sure they?ve been great to you. Pray nothing ever comes out wrong to you. FYI ny friend just told me that he ordered the extended bubble magus doser and one of the heads doesn?t work.... that was for Black Friday...... he still waiting for that piece to get to him. Awful customer Service. FYI my friend order 3 radion g4 pro. No care at all.

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
I definitely recommend MD. They have an extremely wide selection, prices are competitive, and shipping is convenient.Fortunately or unfortunately the customer does not always get they what. MD has a forum here too - maybe you could reach out to them here.

choco24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I definitely recommend MD. They have an extremely wide selection, prices are competitive, and shipping is convenient.Fortunately or unfortunately the customer does not always get they what. MD has a forum here too - maybe you could reach out to them here.
As a customer I believe I didn?t ask for much.. I honestly feel like I took a damage item of their hands. Want nothing to do with MD. At the end of the day they should always look out for their customers. Is simple. Like I said, I never asked for a full refund, I ask for an exchange, that?s all I wanted. I didn?t want any parts for the unit because I paid for a NEW unit... therefor I should get one that works....... by the way, the reason I wanted to just get a new unit instead of parts is because what I was told by the support team in Aqua...?The seal in the Wiper Nut looks to have dried out due to the installation, we do recommend reinstalling it per the instruction manual. As we discussed, if you keep the Wiper Rod in the unit as it is currently installed, you may need to replace the Wiper Nut more frequently?.... and even after I explained this to MD they still have me a hard time.

choco24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
in my eyes they should at least refund you some money.. but also should have done research before buying one with the blade for a reef tank. I don't know I have never had one bad experience with marine depot and everything gets shipped out on time and arrives when told. not going to knock a place I haven't had any issues with but I am quite surprised. lesson learned.
If I was in your position, I would continue shopping with them, unfortunately because of the way they handle my business I won?t go back to them. I?m sure there?s a lot of loyal member here to MD, and I get that. On my side, they really lost a good one. I am not the how to be bothering anyone over anything.... but when it comes to spending my money and not get exactly what I pay for, it takes a toll out of me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: