saltykid85

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
First off, let me preface this and cover my tracks. Week ago I posted a fire sale, lost one expensive fish after another, and all of them had one thing in common...the source where they were bought from.

I talked myself down off the ledge, for why let my system I have 5-6 thousand into, be chiseled away and sold for pennies on the dollar, because of one horrible vendor experience.

Fast forward, and I picked up some new, moderately expensive fish from Juan. First time there, he promised me it was worth the 1.5 hour trip.

Blown away. Literally, in every facet I could have been in regards to fish. Usually when I go an lfs, there are 1 or two fish I must have, anything else is debatable. Walk away from status.

This place had 7-8 fish I considered wish list type, must haves for sure. (Achilles, magmas, rose bands, asfur, Red Sea 8 lines, koi tangs)

That?s one Avenue, desirable fish, all in 1 spot. Secondly , the health is better than anything I?ve seen in 20 years of doing this, and I?ve been to all the big name places, in the tristate and abroad. Most shops will always have those fish that wobble when they swim, won?t eat, reclusive with the lights on, etc.

There was not a single specimen with those attributes. Everything ate (even after being fed multiples times already), and fish had good weight to them. No visible signs or behaviors of the various maladies fish have (uro, flukes, velvet etc) and in talking with him in regards to prophylactic treatment, he goes beyond sub therapeutic levels.

All in all very impressed and satisfied with what he has to offer.

Prices also were beyond good, and I don?t think you can ask for two nicer individuals running what is an already expensive hobby.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: