Status
Not open for further replies.

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
bro i thought the same way before i went to places in nj , manhattan, brooklyn , its an annoying hobby and exp these fish die, i bought everywhere, my water is crystal clear!!! i will post pics another day i dont have a camera handy

yup, show us, the flat out bored, comp hating, LFS business owning, reefers of SI, how your tank is. How has AK contributed to your tank?

Swim

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I hope the AK haters keep people away from that store so I can get all the neat stuff like this Holacanthus africanus that I snagged there yesterday. :)

Haven't seen one of these in a couple of years. He's in quarantine with a pair of hawks I snagged last week.

IMG_5847.jpg

IMG_5848.jpg

Last edited:

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Actually, I hope the AK haters keep people away from that store so I can get all the neat stuff like this Holacanthus africanus that I snagged there yesterday. :)

Haven't seen one of these in a couple of years. He's in quaranteen with a pair of hawks I snagged last week.

IMG_5847.jpg

IMG_5848.jpg

That is a nice looking fish. I hope it does well in your tank. How much was it?

Their customer service is just bad. Maybe you and rcavileer lucked out and got good deals. Great for you. but from the experience I've had, I can't say the same.

Last edited:

Swim

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$250.00 and I'm happy to get it. ;)

Ooops! That's $250.00 plus tax. After I cried like a baby, Matt gave me $10.00 off to make up for the ridiculous NYC tax we have to pay. So I actually forkerd over $262.00.

This is a fish poo pooed by most newbies because it's not flashy but it's one of the most hardy of the Holacanthus family in that it will do well into adulthood on common foods. It's an awesome fish when it's 40cm and slowly swims up to you from the dark and says, "Don't give me any crap or I'll eat you.". ;)

PetShopBoy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Perhaps richardhmc should clarify the original question. Are we looking for an LFS for fishes or LFS for corals? That really makes a big difference.

As far as pricing goes, it's really subjective. If you got the money, everything seems cheap. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: