harryb18

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have a 90 gallon reef tank and find that in order to keep my akalinity between 10 dkh ande 11 I need to add approximately 100ml of little fishes liquid alkalinity component daily, I also add approximately 50 ml of little fishes calcium additive daily in order to keep my calcium readings at approx 420-440. For some reason I feel that I am adding too much of the liquid additives to keep my tank in balance can anyone provide any insight into this matter?

Thanks

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
HI Harry

what typr of coral do you have in your tank ? If you have sps (lots) it will suck up lots of alk and cal . I add about 100ml of randys 2 part to keep my 90 are point ,If youre usng phosban or rowaphos that will affect alk too

Ronen

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ronen I wanted to stop by your place this week on my way back from staten island but was unable to. I'm the guy that met you at your brothers house last weekend.

Yes i know :) when youre in the area ,call me ,i should be around

Ronen

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
harry, what size is ur tank and which test kits are you using? make sure the test kits are not off.
also note that magnesium can play a role in ca/alk stability as well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: