Reef Guy

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Damnit...so it started when 1 head of my 6 head hammer died...I was thinking hmm I guess I need to do a water change soon my water parameters must not be right...so I waited a 3 days after the long holiday and guess what no hammer no frogspawn no more scallops no more anything other than softies. So im thinkin how can this be im sure my water cant be that bad so i go to do a water change and i musta burned my hand when i stuck it in the water...so then i quickly look for my thermometer and guess what OVER 90 degrees. I guess i never monitored it because my 75 gal pumping 1800 gph never went passed 84 last summer...but I guess these aquapods heat up quickly

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
sorry to hear that from a friend.

When you see one head goes, usually that means more heads will go too if not remedy immediately. I have similar issues with my corals when the heat strikes 99 in one of my tank. The first thing you see is they phew, then it melt and then more head melt in the following days.

In the old days, did you use the pump externally? I found my powerheads are very hot.

P

Pedro

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Hope you get the temp thing straightened out. I find that most people overlook the necessary equipment choices, like a chiller. So think about adding one if you can.

At the very least get one of those thermometers that beep when the temp gets high.

Good luck.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
reefman said:
thats exactly what every1 should have, a thermometer with alarm.

Those alarms are only effective if you're home to hear them. A temp controller will shut off a heater if it malfunctions (gets stuck in the on position).

IMO the alarms are a false sense of security. The controller is a proactive solution (here I am preaching the virtues of the controller and I don't even have one :screama: . I think I'm just trying to convince myself to finally get one :biggrin: ).

swimmer

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
494.gif

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I am so sorry for your lost. You have to be very careful with temperature with AquaPod tank. It's closed tank, it can heat up very fast. And you really had to modify the fan in the hood, you can see more detail on Nano-reef.com

I was going to buy 24G AquaPod and I saw they put the ballast inside the hood, I was thinking, this will be really tough to control the heat problem.

Open your feeding lid all the time. Goodluck.

Reef Guy

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
hmm now that I think about it i could have sworn I had more fish in my tank that 2 clowns...wow the tank looks empty now. Well I think i might have to get out of the hobby untill I have time to setup another 75+. I like the build of the aquapods they seem a little unstable for me. The best thing about these things is you never have to top off...little or no evaporation. My old tank use to eat up 2 gals a day easily.

joe

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
Dmitry said:
My froggie could take a fragging; let me know when your tank stabilizes and I'll give you a ... head or two. That didn't sound right...:bigeyes:

LOOL
i think Dmitry nedds some :help: .

sorry to hear about your loses.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: