• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

jresha

Becky and Joe's Tank
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone suggest a good type of anemone to get with a clown fish? I would like to have a good combination of the two, and I trust people here more than I trust the people in the shops. Please only offer POSITIVE advice. I don't want to hear that the worst thing to get is a clown fish and an anemone.
Thanks.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I would say this about getting an anemone. First and foremost you need an established tank I would say about a year running with pristine water conditions. Next is good lighting, most anemone's want good strong light. Also keep in mind that you are going to have to anemone proof any powerheads you may have to make sure the anemone does nto get sucked up chopped up and spit out (this will foul your tank). Anemone's are tricky and ca look great one second and be dead the next and when they die they foul a tank very quickly. Anemone's also move around until they find a spot they like, usually not the spot you want them in LOL they can be difficult LOL.

Lastly I can say that getting a clown to host an anemone is touchy, it may never actually happen, my percs host a mushroom, my clarkiis used to host a colt coral. Keep this all in mind.

jresha

Becky and Joe's Tank
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have all just made this very easy for me. I have decided NOT to go for the anemone yet, lol. My tank has not been up long enough and I had no idea how quickly the anemone could spoil the tank if things go wrong. I need a little more practice with my tank. Thank you all again for your help. I appreciate all of your honest, sincere advice.

jresha

Becky and Joe's Tank
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW!! After just reading the first three pages, I see that this is an incredible reference for me. Thanks SCUMONKEY!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: