jasno999

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know what kind of worm this is?

I saw this thing in the morning with a flashlight. The video is 30 seconds long and it is hard to see the worm till ghe very end. It is tiny and was sort of hiding in the barbs of my Urchin.
Look at the top left portion of the urchin. When the movie gets to the 20 second range you should see it. At the very end you see it moving.

Any ideas on what it is?

jasno999

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you watch the video??? I am guessign that you did nto watch it could it is pretty obvious that this is a worm and is in no way attached to the urchin. It was simply hiding on the urchin between it's spines.

Watch the video and wait till the end and you will see it squggle at the top left portion of the screen.

leoskee

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Its not a bristle worm. Ive had them in my tank before. Ive seen blue ones and red ones. The swim around by wiggling their bodies rapidly. They then stop and float towards the bottom of the tank. Never caused a problem in my tanks. They remind me of moquito larva except that they are cylindrical.

I wouldnt worry about it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: