• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

benknow

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Tank Size Up To 75 Gallons

Description AquaC Remora w/ MaxiJet 1200 Kit Features:
  • Model # : Remora Hang-On
  • Tank Size Up To 75 Gallons
  • Included Pump: MaxiJet 1200
  • Skimmer Height: 17.5"
  • Minimum Tank Height: 12.75"
  • Minimum Overhead Clearance for Proper Function: 5.5"
  • Depth: 2.75"
  • Width: 6"
The revolutionary AquaC protein skimmers do not use venturis, downdraft tubes, or air pumps; they employ the patented "Spray Injection System." This innovation allows the protein skimmer to efficiently draw in much more air than any other of the top protein skimmers. This coupled with the superiorly designed compact reaction chamber yields results that will literally blow the waste out of your water.

"For its compact size and simple design, The AquaC protein skimmer is able to process a large volume of water and efficiently remove organic pollutants. I`m very happy with it!"
Fernando Nosratpour, Senior Aquarist
Birch Aquarium at Scripps

If you are searching for the most compact, efficient, and powerful hang-on-tank skimmer on the market, look no further. AquaC has finished development of the Remora - the most radical design in skimming to date! Using the same patent pending spray-induction system as their acclaimed in-sump skimmers, AquaC`s Remora is simply the best hang-on available today. The Remora is rated up to 75 gallons and requires a scant 2.75" clearance from the back of the tank. That is slim! You`ll appreciate its low profile, only 6" of vertical clearance is required. Standard equipment include a Maxi-Jet 1200 water pump, adjustable collection cup, and a special baffle system which prevents any bubbles from entering the aquarium.

The AquaC Remora Series is the first hang-on protein skimmer under $250 to be able to generate a dry consistency of foam that previously only an in-sump "super-skimmer" is capable of. This is especially true of the AquaC Remora Pro.

Maxi-Jet 1200 Powerhead features:
  • High performance with low power consumption
  • May be used externally or submerged
  • Waterproof rotating water outlet
  • Silent, versatile, low maintenace
  • Protected motor will not overheat
  • UL Approved
  • Directional Flow Flap
Customer Reviews
Write a review
21 of 21 people found the following review helpful:
5stars.gif
Excellent! Reviewed, purchased, love by JASE NATIONS Experience Level: Expert Posted on 8/12/2008 from MARYSVILLE, WA UNITED STATES Comments: This skimmer i intended for one of my 29g reef tanks. I did ALOT of reading and reserch on how people liked it. I had tried two other brands for this size of a tank and it was a no go. I decided to purchase this skimmer with the max 1200 pump and the surface skimming pump housing box. I LOVE ALL THREE. Especialy all three together. let me explain. 95+% of all protiens worth skimming are at or very neer the surface of your tank thus the surface skimming box realy does aid and increese the efectiveness of the protein skimmer you are buying for its exceptional skimming ability. why decrease its effectivness by not paying the extra 20 bucks. Plus a huge plus you can buy a 1.50 nylon bag, fill it full of your favorite filter media stick it in the right compatment that catches the outflow before flowing out the bottom , activated carbon in mine for a few reasons, and bam! you have a very nice secondary filter with no doubt a higher capacity than your real filter. Second Hands down the Max 1200 pump is mch better than the 800 version. just read the reviews of people that purchased the 800. In my experience the 1200 is the perfect size. Which brings us to the skimmer itselfwith the surface skimming box add on activated carbon in the outflow and a few days micro bubbles are non existant.some noise as with all skimmers in this range however once again a step above the rest there is someting you can do about it. time.. two to three days noise is down 50%. Mod.. a plastic piece over the out flow and thats it.Skimming power?? non like it. ive tried others. and with the box very low profile non clutered look. In my oppinion and as I read many others there is not a beter skimmer for this size and this price range. top of the line. it picks up the slack of all other skimmers. When you have thousand of dollars into and a lot of time love and work in rare corals or just starting out its the only choice. special thanks! The other only choice
Yes, I would recommend this product to my friends. Was this review helpful to you?
18 of 20 people found the following review helpful:
5stars.gif
Excellent! BEST SKIMMER AROUND! by Ray Comments: My first skimmer was alright but I tried this one. I did a side-by-side trial on my tank and the AquaC had nearly 10x the output the 1st day!!! Only skimmer I will ever own again!
Yes, I would recommend this product to my friends.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: