• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

KitePilot

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,
I am in the final stages of my research for my 55gal FOWLR tank.
Is anyone currently using the AquaClear Pro 75 on their tank?
Has there been any problems with it?....... I'm sure that everyone has an oppinion on this system I am looking for pros/cons..... Also what pump should I use for the return?
Thanks For your advice

fungia

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive never used the 75 model but my friend uses the 150 model and he likes it for his fowlr. the skimmer is only ok he says but it is good enuf for fish only he says. his tank is very beautiful with no hair algae or slime algae.

i think you need a pump 600-700 gph at least. i think a mag 7 is a good choice unless you can go with in-line pumps like the iwakis.

ChrisRD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed you said FOWLR, as in, you're going to have live rock in the tank. Is that correct?

If so, you don't need the wet/dry. A good protein skimmer in combination with the live rock is all the filtration you need.

Sorry - I read your initial post as FO, as in no live rock...

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an Aquaclear skimmer on my 75 when I first got into the hobby. It was a piece of junk. It would stop skimming and the only way to get it started back was to take it out and have in run in a 5G bucket with bleach and water.

Get a good, high quality skimmer. Euroreefs and Lifereefs are very good. This is the one piece of equipment you don't want to skimp on IMHO.

Louey

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: