lesdexic

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope I'm not violating any rule here. I just read in "Rondale's Scuba diving" that divers are coming together to try to levy congress to sink some "mothballed" navy ships into artifical reef projects. I know that it is aimed mostly at divers and tourism industry, but, it will save you tax dollars and help in artifical reefing. The article (and a downloadable letter you can address to congress) is at: www.scubadiving.com/feature/shipstoreefs

lets pull together and hope for some reefing projects.

Fixed your link -Chucker

[ July 19, 2001: Message edited by: Chucker ]

JohnD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a really great link. I need to spend some more time reading the RAND report, but it does look promising.

In New Jersey, the government has been demilitarizing M48 and M60 tanks by remove weapons, as well as oils and fuels. The stripped down tanks are dumped off of the coast.

I was reading a newspaper article that reported on the tank dumping of several years ago. The tanks are now home to all kinds of fish. The recreational fishing industry is very pleased. The article went on to say the government was looking at disposing of more tanks in this fashion.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: