afss

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where can i get this stuff in canada.. I have looked at three different wal-marts and in several supermarkets with no luck.. Is it only available in the states or what?
Thanks
Scott

Lunchbucket

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure if it is only availble in the states. don't know why it could be.

try a feed supply store and get some hydrated lime...heard that works fine too.

try finding it online or get ms wages pickeling lime at
mrs wages

later
Lunchbucket

Lunchbucket

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
smuggle some or i could ship you some if you wouldn't order online. i could wipe wally world out here in SD

later
Lunchbucket

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by esmithiii:
<STRONG>He said "balls", he he he he

I go to Toronto on business every month. Want me to smuggle you some?

Ernie</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh he did say "BALLS" ahhhh he he ehe ah hee he

*SLAP*

BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS

ah he he he He said "balls".

Sorry, I could not control myself, I will be leaving now
icon_smile.gif

afss

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad i could bring some humor to the board
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

I know that when i was in the states there were many things that you couldn't purchase there that you can here, so I'm sure that it would be the same the other way around.

Esmithii that sounds great, I would appreciate that. When do you plan on being in Toronto next?

Just out of curiousity is pickeling salt the same as pickeling lime? I doubt it, but just thought i would ask.

[ July 30, 2001: Message edited by: afss ]

jdeets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, afss. Pickling lime is calcium hydroxide. Pickling salt is something completely different. I believe it's got alum in it. If that's not right, it's salt with lots of spices added.

Heck, I'm just guessing, but I don't think they're the same thing at all!
icon_biggrin.gif

afss

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the stuff i saw looked like rock salt, no spice, didn't think it was the same, just kinda hoping it was
icon_wink.gif

zandar_tem

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pickling salt is coarse unfinished salt much like Kosher salt and is used for its slow disolving rate so it slowly pickles your vegies as the brine gets stronger

ZT
icon_biggrin.gif

esmithiii

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scott,

Drop me an e-mail. I will be in Toronto the 1st of October. Let me know about where you live, how much you want, and we can hook up.

Ernie

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: