Rating - 100%
98   0   0
you should let him mouth brood for the next 3 weeks., the fry would be released when ready, after which they can be captured, click on my signature line below, I have a journal log on their development and how to feed, first enriched baby brine, then cyclopezze. I see you have striped him already, good luck, should be as easy to tumble as cichlids, but I don't know how many eggs you'll lose to infection. I find I get much better fry rates from natural releases, verses tumbling, till you get it dialed in to just the right flow rate.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Ah, the simpler way would be to hold the male in isolation, he won't eat the fry after release, then you can return the male to the display. I kept him in the sump. the fry will gravitate to a fake sea urchin, something with spines, so they won't get washed away. You can use any plastic sticks, or zip tie, or BBQ sticks, etc, on a rubber ball, to create a long spine urchin, with a certain spine density. It works, like an open trap.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: