redbora

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
which one and how much.
i've dealt w the clown long enough. :Starwars:

i would get one in a sump but i dont' have a sump and my tank isn't reef ready.

oh, it's a 60gal tank, reef n fish

thanks

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have the Deltec MCE600. It's the only one I have ever had so I cannot compare it to other HOB, but it is rated for up to 225 gallons.

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
The Deltec is hands down the best HOB skimmer. The remora / pro are ok but can't at all be compared to the deltec. Plus deltecs hold their value where the remora does not.

My vote is spend the money now, it's much cheaper to buy it now than to buy a remora, than buy the deltec in 6 months.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
You could also look at the Turboflotor Multi. I've had mine for years with no complaints very easy installation,adjusting,emptying the cup is a breeze, versatile - can hang on tank,sump or sit in sump I've had mine do them all at one time or another. And it is only about $260. Mine is running with the Oceanrunner PH2500 pump. Good luck with what ever you choose. Oh by the way I have a 155 g Bow Front tank with lps, softie, clams, lots of fish.

Attachments

• April 15, 2007 Frag Swap frags 034.jpg
    April 15, 2007 Frag Swap frags 034.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 160

redbora

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
wow tank looks great, thanks for the advice

no problems with the Turboflotor??, how easy is it to get it running, i've been reading up on the deltec and it seems to be troublesome to get it started

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
wow tank looks great, thanks for the advice

no problems with the Turboflotor??, how easy is it to get it running, i've been reading up on the deltec and it seems to be troublesome to get it started

I'm not really good a explaining things,(reason why I could never be a teacher lol). I'm better at showing. You connect the pump to it, hang it or sit it in the sump, plug the pump in outlet. Two platic knobs right in front of collection cup is what you turn to go from wet to dry skimming. Below is pic of the unit. I will try and insert a pic of my skimmer in action. I love my skimmer, it is so easy to use in comparison to all I ready on what others go through with their $$$$$$$ skimmers. In the pic of my skimmer you can see the actual amount of bubbles I get. If you have any other questions PM me for my number. Best of luck with your choice. Just one thing I don't keep SPS, except for the caps. And I do 10% water change by weekly. By the way thank you so much for the compliment, but it is all thanks to some of the most wonderful people I have met here on MR, and some really good advice here.

Attachments

• Fish Tanks 066.jpg
    Fish Tanks 066.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Fish Tanks 064.jpg
    Fish Tanks 064.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 140

melbourne

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have a Deltec MCE600 and a Remora Pro on my nanos. For the money the pro is decent. The MCE600 is better though, both are really only suitable for small/medium tanks at best IMO. I bought mine from Doug at Deltec US he will ship direct and packs it really well. I know they have a smaller MCE as well that runs on a Maxijet. I have no experience with that model though. If you buy from Doug have him throw in an extra set of grommets and rubber rails for the pump - they tend to wear out after a few years.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: