grav

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a male that is getting ready to pop again (no success last time... I wasn't ready at all) and looking for advice from anyone that has had success in the past.

I have rotifers ready to go as well as greenwater...a 9g tank with live rock and a sponge with airlift tube for filtration and circulation. Planning to do 3 or 4 feedings and 2 or 3 gal water changes per day. Time is no problem as I have other people who know reefs that can help. Planning to make a daily checklist / schedule.

Am I going to need live Baby Brine shrimp, or can I substitue something else?

Suggestions? Just about anything you need I can / will get.

THANKS in advance.

croaker

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of seahorses? If they are reidi then you will probably need the rotifers since the fry will be pretty small, or copepods have also been used. If they are erectus then you can probably start them on enriched brine shrimp. All will need the brine shrimp at some point though, either from day 1 or after a week or so on rotifers. Make sure to enrich them with selcon or the live phyto you got going so it provides some nutritional value to the brine.
I've been successful with erectus mostly myself.

Good luck!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: