[email protected]

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may seem like a simple question but I am stumped. I am in the process of turning my 12 tank setup into a 48 tank setup and I can't fiqure out the air pump to use. Does anyone know of one big but not terrible expensive pump? I just run a sponge filter in to each of the 10 gallon tanks so it need to be powerful enough to run 50 different lines. I know how to split the air from the main pump.....
I currently run a deeppump for each of the 4 tanks but I can't run 10 more pumps and the cost would kill me. If you have any ideas and know where I should go to get it, please let me know.

[email protected]

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some more thought..... I would consider making the setup one system. The tanks are 10 gallon standard tanks (tempered glass), how would I go about making the tanks empty slowly since I can't drill them (at least I dont think you can drill tempered glass can you?) I am becoming flustered with this large step in providing for the babies. Well, any feedback would be great.

AnnArborBuck

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get a medo 505 off of ebay for $25 to $30 plus shipping. One Medo 505 is probably as powerfull as 3 Tetra DW96-2 air pumps. There are large medo out there too, but I only have used the 105 and the 505.

Morgman

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off if your tanks are tempered then forget about drilling them. If that is the case then you will have to buy new plate glass tanks and drill them yourself or order the already drilled.

For one of the quietest, strongest and best air pump I would go with Jehmco's linear air pumps. They are extremely quite and very efficient. All you do is run some PVC drill and tap some thread holes add a metal on off valve and you have an air mainifold that is very organized and easy to use.

Here is their link--

http://www.jehmco.com/PRODUCTS_/HARDWAR ... pumps.html

Good luck!!!!

chadonna

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think 10 gallon tanks are tempered since they are so small. I'd check the manufacturer's website to find out.

H

h2ohno

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would usually recommend creating an airline manifold utilizing 3/4" or 1" pvc. Hard plumb the pvc utilizing compression fittings considering you'll probably have to clean the lines once a year just for good measure. You will want to tap the pvc using a plastic tap and screw nylon adjustable airline barbs into it.As far as the pump goes you can use a continuous duty,oilless air compressor,but make sure it accepts standard pvc fittings. Voila!! This setup is the best for any system over 25 tanks.

dogpoor

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most 10 gal tanks are not tempered. I have six of them that are all drilled and tied into one system.
I also have installed acrylic deviders into larger tanks to allow brood stock to be kept in one system and not fight. I take a 55gal and place a black acrylic divider, with holes drillled at the top and bottom for flow, down the center of the tank. The owerflow is on one side and the return is on the other.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: