A

Anonymous

Don't waste your money. Some people like to take things to the extreme and indulge in all of this tomfoolery with fancy gadgets but I'm a big believer in "biology, not technology". Simply have a sump with an area partitioned off and fill that section with crushed coral. Then, have the overflow run thru that and into the sump. Using this method, you will probably replace 20 lbs every 6 months. And its obviously going somewhere. I still add a weekly dose of calcium and buffer but if I forget for a month, I doubt it would hurt much. Its just my ghetto way of adding a little stability to my systems.

-B

A

Anonymous

There is no Ca reactor out there that does not require CO2. The CO2 is needed to disolve the CaCO3 and is essential to the reactor. You can get a Kalk reactor that doesnot need CO2 tank (Nielson (sp.) reactor)

Dr. Reef,
Your advice will not work. It may work for a fish only tank, but not for a tank with hard coral. I definatly do not consider a Ca reactor as something that is "tomfoolery with fancy gadgets"

------------------
Minh Nguyen
Visit my reef at:
http://sites.netscape.net/austinnguyen/homepage

A

Anonymous

IS THERE A REACTOR OUT THERE THAT DOES NOT REQUIRE A CO2 SYSTEM?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: