maroon6000

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i made this forum for people to post pictures of there clowns spawning or around there eggs or just clowns in general. I do have a pair but not a digital camera.

:D :) :( :eek: 8O :? 8) :lol: :x :P :cry: :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK

Attachments

• clowneggs3.jpg
    clowneggs3.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 15,103
  • clowneggs4.jpg
    clowneggs4.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 15,103
  • clownguard5.jpg
    clownguard5.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 15,104
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the results

Attachments

• clutch5_040928.jpg
    clutch5_040928.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 15,096
A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maroon6000":rvifkq1h said:
well where can i find a black ocellaris?

:) :D

Sorry for being abrupt. Sleepy time I guess.

There are a few places that sell them online but they are often out of stock. I guess you just have to check often. I think I remember seeing them at Premium Aquatics but I just checked and they don't have any.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I breed Ocellaris and Gold-Stripe Maroons. I have a nearby store that buys all of them from me. About 1/2 of the Ocellaris end up being Black just like the male. Unfortunately they don't turn black until they are 12 - 18 months old so when I sell them I only can guess at which way they will turnout.

maroon6000

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can i buy a pair of them from you. and i could wait until they are black cause i want a pair of black ocellaris for a breeding thing.

i have a pair of marrons too female is white striped and the male is yellow.

they haven't breed yet and i want to push them along any suggestions and could i use u as a mentor for my maroons :D

they are in a nice 30 gallon tank with live rock and some acros and zooz and a small bubble tip anemone.

she is 4 inches and he is a 1 1/2 to 2 inches

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be expensive beyond reasonable for me to ship 2 Clownfish.

For the Maroons, I would be very happy to help. It's a catch 22 thing. You need massive amounts of nutritious food plus excellent water quality.

M

maroonclown1

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guy
I have a pair of maroon clowns that spawn about every 2-3 weeks like clock work and would love to raise the fry could you give me some help with what kind of rotifers would be best to feed to them

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use saltwater rotifers. I propogate them in 32 gallon roughneck containers (grey). When a batch of Clownfish eggs is about to hatch I place the eggs right in the Rotifer Container. I have a brace that keeps them just barely under the water level and I increase the airstone to provide just slightly more circulation.

laina

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first i want to congratulate you on such wonderfull photos of your clowns and your achievement there beautifull thanks for sharing them with us.
second the reason for butting in on your thred. i have a pair of gold stripe marroon clowns who spawn every 10 days. i have ordered joyce wilkersons book to help me decide if i should try to raise the fry in the future. i am in the uk. i live in Snowdonia North Wales and i have searched everywhere and asked everyone for help to find another pair for my other tank. i really would prefere to buy a tank bred pair but it is looking impossable to find any even caught ones with you being into breeding do you know of any breeders in the uk ? anywhere ? i really do prefere tank bred ? can you give me any advice and help in my quest ? thanks laina

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take a large clown (female) and place it together with a very small one (male)

99% of the time you will have a pair within 24 hrs :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: