Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I know these are basic questions, but did you test the output with a multimeter? Make sure it's actually outputting 9V and that it isn't faulty. Also, are you sure you have the + wired to the blue DIM+ wire and the - wired to the white DIM- wire?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I know these are basic questions, but did you test the output with a multimeter? Make sure it's actually outputting 9V and that it isn't faulty. Also, are you sure you have the + wired to the blue DIM+ wire and the - wired to the white DIM- wire?
With just the adapter plugged in, I tested 9V across the leads. And the blue and white are matched to the + and -, respectively. I used this spec sheet for reference: http://www.meanwell.com/search/eln-60/eln-60-spec.pdf

Thanks for taking the time to help me figure this out.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Here is an additional tidbit - I just realized tonight that the lights are turning on. They are barely visible though... really really dim. Does that make it easier for someone to offer troubleshooting advice?

I tried turning the SV2 knob once I realized this, but turning it further counter-clockwise resulted in them turning off completely, and turning them a bit further clockwise resulted in no change.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hey folks, with the help of Mike over at RapidLED, I figured out the problem. The LEDs being so dim was a result of the dimmer circuit not functioning. You'd see the same results if the leds were wired correctly to the drivers, but the dimmer was not set up at all.

In order to test this, once for the RB LEDs and once for the CW LEDs, I connected the -DIMM and +DIMM of the driver to the - and + of the 9V regulated power supply directly (i.e. without the pot, and without being connected to each other). Both sets of LEDs lit up, proving that something was off with the pots or the wiring in the dimmer circuit.

I rewired the dimmer circuit using two new pots, and wallah - it works!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: