Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Now that we are three weeks out from this year's Frag Farmer's I thought I would put a bit more info up and clarify a few points for people (I keep fielding the same questions via PM and email, see the FAQ section below). I also created a page for the FFM off my school project website. A link to the school page is below and the FFM link is on the top left of the home page. It shows some, but not all, of the groups who will be represented. I am adding new people every day, so check back occasionally. Feel free to check out the school project as well while you are there.
www.eosmithcoralproject.org
I have over 20 people signed up to set-up tanks and the number seems to grow daily. Included in the list already are some "big" names in the local stores/clubs:
"Stores"
Unique Corals (NYC)
Puppy Center (CT)
Exotic Fish and Corals (CT)
Aqua Dreams (MA)
Reef Creations (NYC)
Wingo (NYC) the LED guru!
Cultured Aquatic Life (CT)
-Bob from CAL is doing a "group buy" on inverts before or selling them at the Market. You can contact him if you are interested in preordering anything at [email protected]
People:
-Greg Hiller from BRS
-Kyle (kynan) from CTARS (awesome SPS)
-Mike (krazykrammm( from CTARS (high end zoas/palys)
This is just a few off the list. I am sure there are people who will be here with sweet stuff that I have forgotten!
Spread the word and take the ride out to get some sweet deals on frags, and chat with some of the reefers from the area. Let me know if you need more information and thanks!
Jon

Frag Farmer's FAQ-
Q: I am not a member of (fill in the name of club here) can I still go?
A: Yes, anyone and everyone is welcome to come out for the event.
Q: How much is admission to come and how do I register?
A: Admission is free and there is no registration. Jump in the car that morning and come on out. The only thing you need to decide is do you want to come early and grab the really nice stuff, or do you shoot for later in the afternoon and get the better deals because people would rather sell their stuff rather than take it home.
Q: When is it, where is it and what are the hours?
A: It is on Saturday March 12th from 11am to 5pm at E.O. Smith High School in Storrs, CT (1235 Storrs Road for your GPS). You can come right in the front doors and head to the back of the school. We take over a number of the scince classrooms to set-up the market.
Q: I was thinking about setting up a tank. How does that work?
A: I do still have room for more people to set-up. I am at about 25 different "vendors" right now but can always make room for more! If you want to set-up, send me a PM or email me at [email protected]. The "buy-in" is a $25 donation to the school project and for that you get space, electricity, and water if you need it. I want the local hobbyist to come, set-up their stuff and make a few $'s with their frags!
Q: What types of corals will there be at the FFM?
A: You name it, it is there (pretty much). You get lots of diversity from mushrooms to high end SPS. I have a few people who bring dry goods, but the majority is corals. I also have sign ups for "cultured" rock and inverts as well for the day.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: