• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

SuperLeet

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wondering, i have a 125 that im setting up, could i keep 2 or 3 dwarf angels in the same tank, differeent species ofcourse. thanx for the info

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh leave the guy alone!
icon_smile.gif

Sure you can, but they are all variable in terms of how reef safe they are except for Genicanthis species, which are totally reef-safe.

tomocean

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch out! You've been busted by the posting police. Next time you go over your limit he'll take a finger.
To answer your question...In a tank that size, I don't think you'd have any problem mixing dwarf angels of different species.

Len

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've tried mixing Centropyges in my 120 gallon. Lost a C.hotumatua because of it. Different species (C.multicolor was the offender). Different size. Mortality still resulted. Not recommended.

Sue Truett

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was tempted to try 2 in my 180 and after thinking and seeing first hand the fighting I decided no. My potters angel has been a perfect reef mate although my lfs came across centropyge colini. I have never seen one of these amazing and absolutely beautiful fish. After doing my research no way am I going to tempt in tank fighting with these fish. Dwarf angels will fight as my centropyge argi and heraldi did to the argi's death in my 120. I have to say don't try it.

check out my 120 sps tank: http://suetruett.homestead.com/home.html www.marshreef.org/members

davelin315

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're lucky and you've got enough structure for them to avoid each other for most of the time, you can do it. I've kept them together in the past and the delicate balance was maintained until somebody got sucked into the overflow. I had 4 or 5 together for about 2 years before I had any problems because of one's death. It can be done, but be careful doing it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: