• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
108   0   0
one other way ,aside what was mentioned ,is split the food you thawed out into 2 cup ,feed one to the fish and the same time ,give the dendro a blast of food ,,your fish may be busy with whats floating then what the dendro is eat ,,worth a try if you havent

also you can use the target feeder to keep the fish and inverts away as the dendro eats

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Hey Ronen, is the tube big enough to take in mysis shrimp? This is exactly what i've been looking for!

Slama- like Jon said, you might have to make a shield for them while you feed. I personally have to stand on guard also because of my hungry fish.

For the record, i'm feeding my dendros every day lots of mysis :)

mysis does ft ,but someof them are big so they will get stuck ,but for the most part ,most of the mysis fit ,(its a 1/4 tube )

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
My dendros only get the food that floats by them when I feed my tank.

I can't recall ever hearing that these animals get target fed in the wild. If we feed our tanks once, sometimes twice a day, why would it need more than that?

BTW Mike, my damn shrimp are the main culprits when it comes to stealing food :mad:

swimmer

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
I can't recall ever hearing that these animals get target fed in the wild. If we feed our tanks once, sometimes twice a day, why would it need more than that?

In the wild, these coral are exposed to food 24 hours a day, not when some aquarists decides to feed his/her tank.

Please target feed the dendros, people. :sad2:

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
194   0   0
My dendros only get the food that floats by them when I feed my tank.

BTW Mike, my damn shrimp are the main culprits when it comes to stealing food :mad:

swimmer

I only target feed 2ce a month maybe 3 or 4 if i feel good :) ,my tank is a mild flow ,so really everything in the tank catches food when i feed

Funny thing i have 7 shrimp ,mixed (blood and cleaners ) they never bother my corals ,some how all my tank mates find something to eat do the the low/med flow i have in my tank

Mike ,try to reduce the flow in your tank when you feed ,it might help so all your tank mates wont be have to chase the food or steal if from your dendros(corals)

so which one is easier to use and clean. which one is better

Dace ,I dont think you really need to clean the feeder ,after feeding i just rinse it off with tank water ,its reallly a great item .I also use the feeder to kalk Apitasia with ,,get into place your hand cant :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: