MiNdErAsR

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up to anyone contemplating the use of Rowaphos. Once the enclosed filter sock gets wet, the media is able to pass through.

I placed enough media in the sock to fill the space within a Fluval 2Plus. After a few days of continuous use, I noticed a reduced flow rate. When I tried rinsing the sock to clear debris, I notice much of the Rowaphos media was also washing down the drain.

Might be a good idea to get two smaller containers and double up the sock, as opposed to one larger container with a single sock.

Nautilus1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is this product just franular ferrous oxide? This can be bought for a fraction of the cost at any chemical store

moggyhill

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nautilus":2222gkuq said:
is this product just franular ferrous oxide? This can be bought for a fraction of the cost at any chemical store

The problem with the fanular ferrous oxide is that if it is not changed in about 30 days than it begins to leach back into your aquarium all the crap that it was designed to capture. So all the phosphates will get dumped at a rapid rate back in. Yes it is much less expensive but you need to be anal retentive about keeping up with it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: