A

Anonymous

"My" tank actually belongs to my 7 year old daughter, The Reefkeeper, who has aspired to be a Marine Biologist since she was 2-1/2.
You can see the Reefkeeper's 55 gallon reef and her original art at: http://fishdaddy.homestead.com/index.html

Along with freshwater community tanks, she has a Viquarium with 2 Tiger Salamanders and also keeps a breeding pair of Leopard Geckoes.

This tank was what she wanted for Christmas, 1998 and the first live rock & water went in that day! Thank goodness she told me during the summer of '98 so that we could do some research!

The Tank: 55 gal All Glass; 48x12.5x20" with oak cabinet. 70+ lbs. live rock, primarily Fiji with some Tonga Branch and Pohnpeii; 3-1/2" sand bed which is mainly Aragamax Reef Select with several additions of live sand.

Equipment: Two 46.5" URI 110 watt VHO tubes powered by IceCap 660 (DIY'd into All Glass double strip light with 3" Radio Shack fan) and an additional 48" NO strip light. This will be upgraded to add more VHO and a proper hood. Knop skimmer with Maxi-Jet 1200. Three Maxi-Jet 600 Powerheads. Whisper power filter for carbon only. Two Ebo-Jager 150 watt heaters.

Fish & Inverts: Two tank-raised Ocellaris Clowns; one Cherub Angel (Centropyge argi); two Scarlet Cleaner shrimp (Lysmata
amboenensis); Blue Leg and Scarlet Reef hermits; Astrae and Tiger Turbo snails; two large Sabellastarte feather duster worms.

Corals: Frogspawn; Gold Crowned Toadstool; Orange Cup Sun coral; Finger Leather (Sinularia sp.); Yellow Polyps; Metallic Green Striped mushrooms; two varieties frilly mushrooms; various and sundry polyps, mini featherdusters and other live rock stuff.

Paramaters: Specific gravity: 1.025; pH: 8.3; Alk: 3.5; Ca: 450; Temp: 80f; Nitrate: negligible. 10% water change every two weeks using Tap Water Purifier DI water. Top off with Kent Aquadose dripping Kalkwasser. I do not use any chemical additives.

Dick Vance, AKA "FishDaddy"
The Reefkeeper's Assistant

[This message has been edited by FishDaddy (edited 12 March 2000).]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: