DaFrog

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help - I have a False Percula and a Flame Angel - I have some Formula One Frozen food - How should I prepare/thaw it before putting it in the tank?

MartinE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Len":1zuptnno said:
I thaw my whole cube and refreeze :P I'm lazy ;)
I think I am even worse I just run the cube under luke warm water and then toss it in the tank, the fish pluck it to pieces, has worked for years. :D

_Adrian_

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use the RO water in an empty food container and just scrape off a lil bit, shake the crap out of it and then evenly distribute it into the tank.

been doing it for 2 or so years, and noticed that my buddy does it the same way.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i go with adrian on this one, i would either get a small cup or an old test tube that youdon't use anymore and take some tank water or RO water and just scrap some off and shake the bastard out of it until everything is loose and ready to pour in the tank

DaFrog

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thxs for the input - I combined it all in the following solution:
1) I bought a $4.00 mortar/pestle at a local trendy food store
2) I pour a bit of RO water in it
3) Defrost a cube (or part of)
4) mash it up to a pulp
5) pour

:)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a chunk of food in a shot glass of tank water, then when thawed I dump that into a fine net over the tiolet, and flip the net into the tank.

Ok, I don't always strain the water, but I really think it is the best way. :P

dragonladylea

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a coffee mug, drop the asst cubes and chunks of frozen foods, add Selcon and Coral frenzy add two or three full turkey basters of water from the tank - let sit for a few minutes mix and then add one half of a turkey baster full to the tank. Using the turkey baster works great to get the food to corals or anemones.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get a tiny amount of tank water and cut a cube in half, place this inside an egg cup with garlic supplement and let it thaw out. Often mix two foods together.

IslandCrow

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DaFrog, are you pouring the water into the tank with the food? If you are, I'd suggest using a strainer and dump the water. The juices that stuff is packed in are full of phosphates.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: