seldumscene

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stumbled across this spot as I was looking to find out what it takes to get into reef-keeping, and I must say, seems like quite a bit of knowledge is floating around here. Im from queens, been doing the freshwater thing long enough to know I want to go salt..but I want to do it correctly.....so I hope to find some good advice..and maybe a friend to assist or two...keep doing what you folks are doing...you do it well.....

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Welcome to MR!:dog:
If knowledge is what you're after, you've come to the right place.:wink1: Lots of great people here ready, and willing to help.
Enjoy the site...

yonee

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

I'm also a new member from brooklyn, I hope you have alot of success. You really need to do your research berfore jumping into it like I did but its a great learning experience.

seldumscene

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda like a kid in the candy store.....

Welcome. So what where you thinking you wanted to do. Fish only, reef etc.

Well, truth be told, I have a jones for the Fish Only....but after looking at some of these reef tanks.......hmmmmm, its kinda hard to decide......i dont wanna go crazy....wanna make sure i do it correctly. But after stumbling around the aquarium spot on east 38th (i think) and a few other places...I feel like a kid in a penny candy store and I have an entire dollar to spend...what to do what to do? So ill take it slow and see.

Seldum-

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
the fact that you've got a whole dollar in a penny shop and are talking about taking it slow is GREAT!

You know the phrase measure twice, cut once - it kind of applies here, too. Read tons and buy what you know you'll be able to nurture. develop a plan based on what you see that you love and can afford (time, energy, money...)
I started with fish only with live rock (FOWLR) and after a few years, upgraded my lights and started with soft corals - have recently upgraded lights again and am getting ready for more "complicated" coral species...

Enjoy yourself!!! You've found a great community here!

seldumscene

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you know, im glad you mentioned that.....

I started with fish only with live rock (FOWLR) and after a few years, upgraded my lights and started with soft corals - have recently upgraded lights again and am getting ready for more "complicated" coral species...

Hey, quick question then, How big of a change was it from one to the other? I mean FOWLR to Soft Corals? I was actually thinking that might be the best way for a newbie..but wasn't sure of the complexity involved, nor if it was a major cost to convert. Hmmmmm

seldum-

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: