• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Ansphire

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
k.. got the tank, skimmer lights, fan, everything nice and cylced...

And here we go!! I found a guy 1 block away from me with beautifull corals.... and he has some he is sells.

What can I put in my 30g.??...

I want something the clown will host, and I like the corals that look like trees.

What do you recommend.. I was thinking SPS.....

Ansphire

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a polyp and a blue mushroom already that came with the rock.

I was looking at Dr Foster and Smith, and I think the ones I like the most are soft corals and polyps...

Brian5000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no size requirement for corals, small tanks only limit the number you can have. Remember to space them appropriatly in your tank. They aren't happy when they touch. Otherwise, get whatever you like.

Anenomes and host clowns are a bit difficult. The anenome need very stable conditions in addition to light. For that reason, folks say to wait six months or so before attempting one. That gives the tank time to settle in and you time to work out your maintinence routine. I don't think SPS is nearly as bad, but you may want to wait a month or two before getting a bunch of those.

Specific clowns go with specific anenomes. I think the compatability guide in the site library has a clown/anenome matching chart. Be a little careful there because some anenomes are execptionally difficult to keep and some do get quite big.

Brian5000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soft corals are generally pretty easy and you could add those now. They grow a lot faster than stony corals once established, so give them even more space.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: