• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I have 15g tank i use for a frag tank and im thinking of adding a fish I cant have in my reef like a Rhino or frogfish or something unusual. it will be the only thing in the tank other then coral frags. I would like something interactive, that will do well in such a small tank.

thanks for any suggestion?

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
well I have a reef. I dont have any fire fish, but tyhey are cool and if I wanted one I could put it in the reef.

Im thinking of something non reef safe. something that is a predator. like ascorpion fish. but since I have never kept perdators, and I dont know alot about them im not sure what ones do good in a small tank.

JJSBLM

Crazy Pico guy
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
these following do well in small tanks

Painted Frogfish
Wartskin Frogfish
Falco Hawkfish
Flame Hawkfish
Dwarf Golden Moray Eel
Fu Manchu Lionfish
Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish

be mindfull that most of these listed fish are messy eatters & the lionfish are venomous. I would say try a flame angel or coral beauty, but with the small foot print of a 15g tank & the chance of them eatting soft coral it is not advised. What ever your choice is i wish you well.

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
lol thanks for the heads up guys i think ima try a small frogfosh.

how often do yo have to feed these guys?

since my plan is to do like 90% water change weekly I hope its not a problem.

Last edited:

guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Peacock mantis shrimp.
493267_ea8b175a83.jpg

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Thanks for all the tips, im going down to the lfs this weekend and see hwat they have. -Andy- I will definetly make sure I see the fish eat before I buy it.

How often do frogfish eat? Im guessing they eat smaller fish and prolly big Mysis or something. I havent had time to do much research.. ill have to google it up tonite before I go to the lfs.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: