annanymous

Female Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I plugged my apex in yesterday and the outlet completely stopped working. Today, I decided to check just in case before calling g an electrician. It works fine without the Apex. Could my apex have shut it down? It wasn't my circuit for sure. What could have been the problem. Is it safe to continue setting up the tank?

annanymous

Female Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The problem is that it wasn't the Apex itself. It was the entire out apex was plugged in I tried to reply a bunch of different things into it and they weren't working either. But then today, it works again. Is that even normal

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I like the made in China brands. Their engineering is suburb and this type of stuff doesn't happen with it.

xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
WHAT!!!!! Made in China is better then Made in the US or EUR. I have never in my life heard someone ever say that and mean it. I have an Apex and have had little to no problems with it and when I did have a problem the company fixed it or replaced the item. I would call Neptune and tell them whats going on and see what they say. I also have not found a controller made in China that ppl trust there thousands of dollar investment/hobby with. Good Luck with the Apex it truly is one of the best pieces of equipment you will own.

Custom05Taco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The outlet stopped working all together then started working again is that correct?
Sounds like a loose connection inside. If your handy at all turn the power off open the box and check connections. If you have any worries call a qualified electrician.

annanymous

Female Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The outlet stopped working all together then started working again is that correct?
Sounds like a loose connection inside. If your handy at all turn the power off open the box and check connections. If you have any worries call a qualified electrician.

Thanks. I was planning to do just that over the weekend.
Yesterday, the outlet was working fine but as soon as I plug in 2 radions it trips the gfci breaker. I had stronger stuff plugged in and it was fine. Could it be the radions?

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
It could also be bad blades inside the receptacle. I would change it. Either bad blades or loose connections are fire hazards especially with high amperage aquatic gear.

annanymous

Female Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
This was the new gfci receptacle I had my super install just last week before filling the tank with water.
Has anyone had a problem having an apex plugged into the same outlet as something else? Assuming the total is 15amps or less of course

don

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fist check breaker but if new ground fault breaker installed some can not function with different load conditions they are now made for bedroom use and not only bath areas ie., wet environ...must check all polarities and properly tighten screw terminals do not use push in friction fit for wiring duplex type, inboard ground fault breakers are the one I chose if possible

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: