Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi guys/gals,

I've managed to be the only person I know thats at all interested in this incredible "hobby" (pronounced money-pit?), so it's great to find a forum of fellow enthusiats in the NY area.
I'm located near Port Chester and other than the guys @ House of Fins & Greenwich, my resource is reading pages and pages of posts (I'm sure that I'm not the only one in that boat..).
I figured its time to get involved and learn from all of you with more experience than me!
I currently have 2 tanks running (not including the 10g QT), a 55g reef (well, kinda) and a 29g fowlr. I'll try to take some pictures and start a tank thread when I get back from school tonight (stuck on campus @ WCC all day...).
I'm just at the point of being ready to buy some more frags and really get going on the 55, and am planning my first ever visit to UniqueCorals this week (very excited!) I'd like to very carefully choose these frags (and maybe one or two big guys), with learning more about coral propagation/fragging in the process.
If any of you have any suggestions on easy (or relatively so) to frag hard corals -other than acros, i don't think my light is quite adequate for that undertaking - I would be more than happy to learn.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! You're right about HoF being ludicrously expensive, $65 for cleaner shrimp? seriously?!
So after upgrading my lights (the bootleg way, with 2 fixtures instead of one bigger one...), I paid a visit to Manhattan Aquariums...the store is incredible. I picked up a small Frogspawn (1 head ~3"), an Elegance (2 heads, each about 3"), and a Dragon Soul Favia frag (3 heads). A Green and Blue Acan frag (3 heads)(from Pet Pantry Warehouse in Greenwich), and a small Riccordea mushroom (~1")(Jaws II Aquariums, Elmsford).
With any luck the clown pair will decide to host either the Frogspawn or Elegance (fingers crossed!) Ill try to post some pics later if I can borrow my sisters SLR.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: