4   0   0
Anemone.jpg

Which kind of anemone is that, has an orange foot thanks
Veronique

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Here is what sealifeflorida.com has to say about them.

Flower anemones, Epicystis crucifer, also called rock anemones or beaded anemones, are a common shallow water anemone found through the Caribbean and Florida Keys...These anemones are photosynthetic and like intense light. They are reef safe and don't pose a real danger to most other reef critters (other than seahorses). The tentacles can sting small fish and shrimp, but they are not very effective at capturing small swimming critters. They will eat any small bits of meaty foods given to them, and will even eat pellet food.

veronique

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Was sold for an aurora, so????

This anemone was sold for an aurora, but I have my doubts, I'm not sure it's not a rock anemone, didn'tfind a clear picture of aurora like this one.
And my clarki doen't seem interested in it, he prefers the green mushroms.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Heteractis aurora - Tentacles brown or purplish, arising from oral disc of the same colour; outermost tentacles may be shorter than inner, and can have purplish or greenish cast. Oral disc mostly visible because of sparse tentacles; may have white or brown radial markings that can continue onto tentacles. Tentacles may be sticky to touch; tapered to point that may be magenta in colour. Adhesive verrucae on upper column lighter in colour than column; lower column often mottled or solid orange or red. Animals attached to buried objects capable of retracting completely into sediment.

Anemone FAQ

Sea Anemones

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: