• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
FYI....I took the advice of a few people and replaced the stock pumps on my jbj 28 with maxi jet 1200's. The difference is incredible!! I would recommend this upgrade to anyone with this tank. It eliminates the need for a power head.

Just throwing it out there.

Thanks.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
There is a slight hum with them on.

And they are blowing alot of bubbles, but this was a problem with the stock pumps that I eventually corrected by adjusting the sponges that are in the back and keeping the water level up. I might consider putting them on the wavemaker if the bubble situation does not improve.

They do fit..the 1200 is comprable in size to the Accela and fits about the same. Some wiggle room but not much.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
When I had my JBJ, I noticed if I had the sponges about an 1" or so out of the water in the back there were no bubbles. As soon as I lowered them back I had bubbles. I used the plastic Seaweed clips to keep them up and in place.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Yeah thats the truth...the sponges definetely quell the water turbulance in the back.

I actually ended up putting those pumps on a wavemaker...my temp jumped 6 degrees to 82 and thats in a cool room. Can only imagine what it will be during the summer. And I dont run a chiller.

Gonna monitor the temp and see what happens.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Yeah thats the truth...the sponges definetely quell the water turbulance in the back.

I actually ended up putting those pumps on a wavemaker...my temp jumped 6 degrees to 82 and thats in a cool room. Can only imagine what it will be during the summer. And I dont run a chiller.

Gonna monitor the temp and see what happens.
Try raising the sponges up and clipping them to the plastic

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: