KevD1

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Richard,

Your article in this month's issue seemed to just state what you've already stated in previous skimmer reviews in Aquarium Frontiers. A couple of other points I'd like to make.
1) Did you actually setup a Klaes skimmer on an aquarium? There's no mention of that in the article.
Klaes skimmers have been around for well over a decade, and yet we are just beginning to see them on this side of The Pond.

2) Klaes skimmers were available for many years from J.P. Burleson. Aquatic Dimensions took over the distribution when Burleson decided to get out of the business.

Regards,
Kevin
Aquarium Frontiers Article Index

Bill2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a Klaes Skimmer in action at a LFS in Berlin. It was about 5ft tall and was hooked up to about 500 gallons and the tanks seemed to be doing fine.

One of the nice things I liked about the skimmer was it's tiny foot print.

rharker

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KevD1":3rc1853l said:
Richard,

Your article in this month's issue seemed to just state what you've already stated in previous skimmer reviews in Aquarium Frontiers. A couple of other points I'd like to make.
1) Did you actually setup a Klaes skimmer on an aquarium? There's no mention of that in the article.
Klaes skimmers have been around for well over a decade, and yet we are just beginning to see them on this side of The Pond.

2) Klaes skimmers were available for many years from J.P. Burleson. Aquatic Dimensions took over the distribution when Burleson decided to get out of the business.

Regards,
Kevin
Aquarium Frontiers Article Index

I tested the skimmer like I have all the others I've written about.

As far as Burleson carrying the skimmer, Burleson had distribution rights for a great many German products, most of which they did not actually stock. Aquatic Dimensions actually carries the product. In any case, Burelson is out of the business and has been for a number of years so I'm not sure what your point is.

Richard Harker

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: