nickster

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone here had experience in using this brand of reactor?
I am looking to get a reactor for a 180 gal reef with mixed corals (LPS, SPS, Soft)and I like sme of the feature that Korallin has.
Of course if I had the coin, I would like to have the Pro-Cal from MTC.
Is this an easy reactor to deal with?
Please post good and/or bad points you've experienced with this reactor.

Thanks

jamesw

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi There,

I owned one of the older models of the Korralin calcium reactor (1501). It was wonderfully constructed, compact, and seemed well designed.

The problem that I had with it is that it seemed like it would get airlocked and the circulation pump would not function properly. It was very tempermental.

I think Korralin fixed this "problem" with future models, but I have not tried them. This is all my opinion only.

I ended up selling it in favor of a larger DIY that I built.

Cheers and I hope that helps,
James Wiseman
www.reefs.org

newreefman1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1502, one newer than james has. I notice the same problems actually. I have excess CO2 buildup in the chamber and when it gets a bit low, the flow stops and my effluent doesnt come out..this makes me wonder if I go on vacation how many days I have...not fun....

Its a great reactor besdies the fact, and seeing alot of people with their reactor hassles, this one has been hassle free. I just wonder how to solve this silly problem....

I think i might email them this afternoon
icon_smile.gif

j

nickster

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your replies.

Actually, this afternoon I broke down and ordered a Pro-Cal from MTC.
I figured if I was going to spend about $700 for a reactor and periphirals, I might as well spend an extra $200-300 and go for the gusto.

I have asked many peopple for their opinions and xperiences working with different reactors, and I always came back to the saame conclusion -- you get what you pay for, plain and simple.

Thanks again

Saltykirk

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know diddly about reactors. What makes the Pro Cal the best? I am looking to buy one this year & just don't even know where to begin.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: