evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Well, I have an AI SOL White and I couldn't pony up for another module at this time. I will probably get it for my tax return money or my bowling league winnings!!

But in the meantime, I purchased the following LED.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN TO YOU? Obviously growth will vary especially based on what you dose in your tank, how well you keep your parameters, etc NO TWO TANKS ARE EXACT.

This can help you see the difference the "chinese fixture vs something like an AI SOL!" may be.

If you have anything to add to this discussion, please feel free to post. If you have something negative to say but logical, please feel free to post. If you have nothing to do with this thread and feel like taking a poop from your fingers. Please keep it to yourself!!

Onto details:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005INXMOA/?tag=reefs04-20

TaoTronics LEDGrow Light For Indoor Plant/Aquarium Coral Reef Tank White Blue LED Grow Light 120W Black

From Amazon for my late X-mas gift from the wife since her original gift didn't cut it.

Description of light:

Aquarium light (also known as LED aquarium light) is a special lamp, which is currently made of LEDs. Based on the fact that plant growth requires sunlight, this aquarium lamb provides light that have the same effect as natural sunlight and hence offers a very good growing habitat for seaweeds, corals, fish, etc.

Description:
*1. Use high efficient 3w LED as the light source, could penetrate deep into the tank bottom, Based on 55x 3W high power LEDs. Blue 30*3w LED; White: 25*3w LED
*2. Energy saves: Powerful 120W LED Aquarium Light can replace 400W Metal Halide Lamp, save 90% on electricity bills.
*3. Wide beam angle: 120 degree, LED's light is downwards directly and wide beam angle help confirm uniform coverage, you don't need to buy additional bulky reflector like MH.
4. No cooling fee: LED is cold lighting which runs much cooler than standard florescent and metal halides and 3 built-in cooling fans help cool down the lamp very well, you don't need to buy additional expensive cooling system.
5. Lifetime : The high power 3w LED convert electric energy into light directly, there is no filament to break on led, so they could be more durable and nearly no maintenance, you don't need to replace the bulbs frequently like MH/Fluorescent.
6. High reflective screen preventing unexpected water splash
7. Blue & White, alternative, (Blue, white, blue, white.): White & Blue combined in one unit, no need additional T5/T8 for actinium blue supplement.
8. For use of fish tank lighting, seaweed cultivation, coral, fish, etc.
9. For most of the aquatic creatures; turn on blue light at night to enjoy a fantastic visual effect on coral, halobios and fish, etc.
10. Do not touch or knock at the product when it's on operation. I just saw this and had to laugh. WTF? HA
11. Non waterproof, stay away from water.
12. three modes optional:
A. Blue on, White off;
B. Blue off, White on;
C. Blue on, White on

*Please note these important features.
It utilizes 120* lens so I may look into changing it to 80* which would narrow the lights which = better par.

Test dummies: I have several frags of the same coral. I will compare the growth and ADD pictures throughout the time until I change it for another AI SOL Module.

Please check my tank thread if you want to see my equipment list.
My husbandry is important to this so I will post it in here.

I perform a weekly water change on Sundays for the first month. 10 gallons and dose a&b wednesdays and fridays
Second month will be every other Sunday and dosing stays the same but the Sunday I don't do the water change will be another dose. As a tank matures, I feel it is better to let it thrive as is and just replenish trace elements.

I also add restor in my feedings.

Feeding:

I also target feed. Phytofeast, zooplankton and rods food. Add nori and formula pellets for the fish.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I am waiting on delivery for the taotronics fixture which should be here next week.
I will be buying something to read PAR and all my parameters shortly after to add onto this. I'll get the most out of this as possible.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: