Jan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased 4 Lemon Chromis from LA about a year and a half ago. they were tiny, 3/4". One has gotten larger (3") than all the rest. It started to clear an area on one of my acroporas one day. A few days later I found rows of eggs. 10 + days later they eggs hatched. I couldn't see the fry.

This fish and his mate have been doing this several times a week for months now. They lay their eggs on a gorgonia now. The slime from the gorg doesn't allow for the eggs to stay attached for more than a two days.

Has anyone attempted to breed chromis? Have you had any success? I'll post pics or a video shortly.

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
If they are like clowns since they are in the same family.

For you to collect them you would need to find out how many days to the minute after they lay the eggs they hatch and then try to catch them like just hatched clowns.

Youll need rotifers and a breedin set up to get them started.

You have to wait till they find a good spot to even try

Any pics ?

Last edited:

Jan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a video of the pair doing their mating dance around a gorgonian. The male is the larger of the two. they change their colors when they mate from yellow and silver to gray and white stripes. The eggs are the tiny silvery spots on the gorg.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: