ifarmer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
hi all,

I currently have a 40g reef tank been running for about a year. I am running out of room for corals and have been limited on the nicer fish with this 40g tank.

I plan to go bigger in a couple of months and right now what I have in mind is the 120g.

I am just curious for those who have 120g, what do you run as lightning?

I like T5 and prefer T5 but not sure it still possible on a 120g tank.

thanking in advance for your feedback/comments/suggestion..etc.

thanks

Silverni2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
hi all,

I currently have a 40g reef tank been running for about a year. I am running out of room for corals and have been limited on the nicer fish with this 40g tank.

I plan to go bigger in a couple of months and right now what I have in mind is the 120g.

I am just curious for those who have 120g, what do you run as lightning?

I like T5 and prefer T5 but not sure it still possible on a 120g tank.

thanking in advance for your feedback/comments/suggestion..etc.

thanks

I have a 120g tank with an old coralife fixture I purchased used because I was not happy with my LEDs. If you go with t5 I'd suggest an 8 bulb fixture your going to need the coverage. Also be sure to get a 24x24x48 120g, I love the depth it gives you especially in a reef tank.

Silverni2

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
yes the 120g (48x24x24) .

also, should I go with the one that has 2 center overflow or should I get the one with just a single corner overflow?

thanks

My tank is drilled with two holes on each side but if Your gonna go with a built in over flow I would go with the center one because It takes up less space than 2 corner overflows

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: